AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating custom standard pipe supports (toolpalette)

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
hendriksegveld
3511 Views, 7 Replies

creating custom standard pipe supports (toolpalette)

I want to make custom made supports spec.'s and toolpalette. I already made a great amound of support blocks.

From some of them I made Plantparts with Plantpartconvert and added them to a catalog and pipespec. The problem is that it doesn't work the way I want to. The method I followed you can see in the attachment. Can someone please advise and tell me what I do wrong and what is the right way to create spec.'s for pipe supports? With kind regards Hendrik Segveld (henk.segveld@zeton.nl)

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi buddy!!

In order to have your own P3D custom supports pallete, you need to create your own PipeSupportsSpec.pspc file (don´t change it´s name) with all your custom supports inside (delete P3D others if needed) inside \CPak Common folder, and the PLANTPARTCONVERT port must be pipe parallel (see imgs).

Screenshot_1.jpg

Screenshot_3.jpg

I hope this helps you!!

Serafin A. Albiero Jr.
Message 3 of 8

Hallo Serafin,

thank you for the quick reply.

Thirst thing I will do is change the direction of the port parallel to the pipe (plantpartconvert).

Further you write that I have to make my own PipeSupportSpec.pspc file under the CPak Common folder.

But I want to keep the original P3D PipeSupportSpec.pspc file also (it's not posible to have 2 files with the same name in one folder). Isn't it possible to create a custom support catalog and a costum support spec with the same functionality as the P3D catalog and spec (by making some changes in a .xml file)? One option left is that I make my custom supports part of the P3D spec., but I don't prefer that.

With kind regards, Hendrik Segveld

Message 4 of 8

Hendrik,

Unfortunately P3D Pipe Support Spec reads the PipeSupportsSpec.pspc file, so only one file is allowed. I don´t know if some xml editing will allow we have two or more support palletes, I don´t think so!  But I hope someone tell us with sure. For now, copy PipeSupportsSpec.pspc (and PipeSupportsSpec.pspx too) to a safe location (as a backup copy), then do the job with your custom supports, and tell me later.

Serafin A. Albiero Jr.
Message 5 of 8

Serafin,

Thanx for your support. Thirst thing I'll do now is adding my custom supports to the standard support catalog and add them to the P3D support spec. (thirst just one big support spec.). After that I hope to export the toolpalette and make this custom made (next step). I'll inform you what the results will be. Hendrik

Message 6 of 8

When I use the P3D PipeSupprtsSpec to add my standard company supports, where should I place the created png-files. Now they are placed under my default project,where also my pipesupport drawing is placed. In general I'm still not satisfied with the pipesupport spec. wat I did so far. Add support to catalog, place supprt in P3D spec, create from existing an new company spec. in the default project. I can place now the support with the spec viewer (insert in model) in the pipe line with a disconnect marker. When I create thirst a new toolpalette, the support works oke. Until I add a new support to the created spec., then it stops working. And what will happen when I want to use this support spec.'s in other projects, with other users? And why is it so difficult to do such a simple thing? Can somebody give me a step by step solution to handle this problem? It already took a lot of time and energy to work on this.

Message 7 of 8

I'm trying to create std PS that are spec driven and I cannot get them to connect to the pipe unless they are placed on the end.  I have messed around with endtypes, and can't seem to figure out what is the hangup.  I am using P3D 2014, block based components through the spec editor, with plant part convert single port.  Can someone help me out?

Message 8 of 8

You have to add the pipesupports from the catalog to the P3D pipesupportspec. (don't rename your spec). Then they will be visable in the toolpalette (Dynamictoolpalette). From there you can copy them (Copy/Past) to your own toolpalette. When it still doesn't work the right way, send me a message. I had the same troubles with my supports (and more). I can send you a document that explains step by step how to create P3D supports. Let me know.....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost