AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

creating a new spec

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
513 Views, 2 Replies

creating a new spec

Hi,

I’m trying to make a new spec for HDPE material, based in DIN catalog and duplicating components, but not all the sizes are the same; example: the HDPE catalog contain size 63 and DIN catalog 65, so I duplicate the component and add the new size, I did the same for all different diameters,

Then I used my spec in “Plant 3d drawings” and it´s all right with my new sizes on the drawing, but in the properties “Plant 3D” appears as “undefined”, just in port properties appears with the correct size.

The problem is when I try to change the size of my model, I can’t use my new diameters, Plant 3D just recognizes some sizes (only DIN catalog sizes). At part insertion, the sizes of DIN catalog appears in inches and millimeters, and the sizes that I add appears with “mm”.

If somebody did this before and can help me, I will be grateful.

(Sorry about my English)

Hablo español.  Si alguien puede ayudarme estaré muy agradecido.

best regards.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
JarrodMudford
in reply to: Anonymous

Its a good idea to add your new diameters to the NominalDiameterMap.csv file. This can be found int he installation location of your Plant3D application. You'll see a format that has been applied for all the other sizes, Juat follow that format.

As for the "undefined" irregularity, you may need to upload your catalog for us to look at.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: JarrodMudford

This is my spec...

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost