AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create/modify Structural Member Catalog

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
F_Kulikovsky
2017 Views, 1 Reply

Create/modify Structural Member Catalog

Good day everyone.

I've been searching up and down for the solution of the following problem for quite some time: how do i add new or modify existing structural members for the steel structures.

The funny fact is that this option was announced to be implemented in Plant 3D 2012 and still nobody can comment on whether it's actually the case or it's still "in developement up until next release". Also i came across the statements that the new tool, a catalog builder, introduced in Plant 2013 is supposed to handle this problem, yet i failed to find any relevant guidelines.

Another angle i tried is to find a development kit of some sort (and xml or SQL database veiewr/editor as i was told) that can modify the database of standard structural catalogue. There are several regional content packs like the Australian and Japaneese structural members catalogs, which obviosly means that the corresponding catalog creating software does exist.

So the questions remain:

1) Is there a way to modify the structural catalog using the catalog creator of Plant 3d 2013? If there is - could please someone explain how?

2) If there are no standard tools, there must be some third party software to adress this issue (xml or/and SQl database editor) - please do share, so we can make this third part happy happy if Autodesk does not want our money.

Best regards, Fedor Kulikovsky.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
milic.srdjan
in reply to: F_Kulikovsky

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost