AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Bolts or gasket and Link them to an Flange

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Svensk_Pixelproduktion
3035 Views, 8 Replies

Create Bolts or gasket and Link them to an Flange

Hi There,

Anyone who knows how to create Bolt Set or a gasket in Spec Editor and then link them to an Flange?

All the best for you all!

Christian Figved

Svensk Pixelproduktion

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi Svensk,

I guess you can open catalog ASME Pipes and Fittings in S&C editor, then go to tab Catalog Editor, select one Bolt, then click duplicate component button in the mid-bottom of Piping Component Editor, there in size tab, you can define what you want for size by adding size/duplicate size, and also for other properties there.

You can also click Show Advanced Editing Table button to see more info there.

Hope this helps.

FrankSH

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 9
FrankSH
in reply to: FrankSH

For gasket, that's the same way.

For link them to Flange, I haven't found that in S&C editor. I guess it can't. It's in spec that gives the relationship for link of gasket/Bolt and flange, I guess

Message 4 of 9
DLee_XstrataTech
in reply to: FrankSH

I thought we'd be able to click on the substitute glyph and change the bolts to any others defined in our spec. But all it gives me is one option saying "flanged".

My issue is that I have a flange for a Warman pump that always has the normal bolts assigned to it. What I need is to be able to alter just these bolts to the Warman bolts that you get with the pump.

Any ideas out there? Autodesk too?

Thanks,

Dave

(running a P3D not really supported metric-imperial spec)

Message 5 of 9

when you highlight the bolt glyph, hold dowm the left ctrl key...the substitute glyph should now be yellow...it willnow list other available bolts from your spec

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 6 of 9
btrevena
in reply to: DLee_XstrataTech

H Dave,

I have been looking at Warman pumps as well.

Problem is that Nozzle edit only allows ANSI and DIN flange classes, unlike the spec editor where you can type in your own class string.

Once nozzle issue is resolved flanges and bolts can be created for the same flange class in the catalogue and added to the spec.

Questiion to Autodesk, can nozzles flange class constraints be relaxed to allow for special pump and equipment connections please?

BruceT

Message 7 of 9
DLee_XstrataTech
in reply to: btrevena

Thanks for the reply guys. That ctrl click thing will do what I need I think.

So far for Warman pumps I've added the disch. flanges as a copied plate flange from the ANSI catalog. Then altered them to suit the Warman catalog numbers. I've altered the dims for those as well to suit.

Also I've added a bunch of bolts (also copied from the catalog) I'm not really interesed in their lengths just in getting their Warman part numbers into the BOM.

Just tried the ctrl click bolt substitution and it gave me the Warman bolts so am happy with that result. I don't think it matters what the equip flg details are as long as the facing is consistent. (could be wrong here?)

Cheers,

Dave

Message 8 of 9
F_Kulikovsky
in reply to: btrevena

I believe i can answer the question about modifying nozzles or at the very least give you an idea where to dig... I found it on some blog long ago and i'm absolutely unable to link it to you. Thing is you need to find the file, contaning the nozzle table, make backup of it to be safe and RENAME the extention of it to the specification file one (i don't have Plant 3d installed - cannot operate exact terms). Then you works with it as you do with any other catalog you build up - adding nozzle etc, etc. After you're done RENAME the file back to its original extention.

Message 9 of 9
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: F_Kulikovsky

when on the 'Catalogue Editor' tab of the spec editor if you go to open a catalogue, you can change the type drop drown menu from pcat to acat...you dont need to rename file extensions!

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost