AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creat New Component on AutoCAD Plant 3D Spec Editor 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
abilioramos
2210 Views, 3 Replies

Creat New Component on AutoCAD Plant 3D Spec Editor 2011

Hi,

I want to add a custom valve part to my project, First I select the Creat New Component button and the imperial radio button is select (see image Img01.JPG).

But when I get back to the configuration the size parameters are all in metric (see image Img02.JPG). Any particular reason why?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
RSFAdsk
in reply to: abilioramos

Hello,

The default numbers for new parametric component are from metric, but the units are actually inches.  Incorrect values clearly that need to be changed, but the catalog does considers them inches.

This is hardly optimal, but I understand the problem we are facing is that if we scaled to inches, the dimensions would be close but, still incorrect, and possibly worse not aligned (as scaling all parameters by a fixed number is not guaranteed).

So what we try to offer is a set of defaults don't produce something mutant, scale excepted.

(We don't call attention this issue in the Specs and Catalogs 2 video here,  but if others want to see the problem, its at 5:35)

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 4
Josip13
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Hello !

I need help with creating a new catalog,

program gives me the wrong amount of weight in the catalog

for example (the exact weight pieces is 0,95 kg - softwer gives me the wrong weight 95 kg)

Message 4 of 4
PeterQuinn
in reply to: Josip13

Try using a period instead of a comma as a decimal separator here. So, use 0.95 instead of 0,95.

The regional settings don't appear to being picked up by the Spec and Catalog Editor here.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost