AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

AutoCAD Plant 3D General DIscussion

Erik_Halvarsson
Message 1 of 3 (467 Views)

Converting AutoPlant Catalogs to Plant 3D

467 Views, 2 Replies
11-20-2012 06:21 AM

Hi!
I've been looking around for an answer to a question abuot Converting AutoPlant "Catalogs" to Plant 3D.

When I convert my AutoPlant Catalog and opens the Plant 3D Spec Editor (2013) I can see that I have successfully converted some of the parts.
But there are alot missing, and if a open the *-log.txt file and reads the Errorreport it says
"Cannot find corresponding Plant 3D class" and the detailreport says for instance "Class mapping does not exist for AT_TRI_FERRULE_RED".

If I understand it right the class does not exist in Plant 3D, but if I try to change the class_name in AutoPlant Specification Generator to something that made the converting it does not show anyway..

Does anyone have a solution or a suggestion?

Employee
TomislavGolubovic
Message 2 of 3 (461 Views)

Re: Converting AutoPlant Catalogs to Plant 3D

11-20-2012 01:42 PM in reply to: Erik_Halvarsson

To me that means that the mappings of the conversion have not been finalised.

In the Spec Editor, go to File - Convert - Settings - AutoPlant Settings... and have a look at the class mappings in there. Look at the error file and see where there might be a missing mapping for the AutoPlant Class to the P3D Class.

Tomislav Golubovic
Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk Australia / New Zealand
Autodesk, Inc.

Erik_Halvarsson
Message 3 of 3 (434 Views)

Re: Converting AutoPlant Catalogs to Plant 3D

11-22-2012 12:43 AM in reply to: TomislavGolubovic

Thank you omislav Golubovic!

That was very helpful. Now I have successfully converted almost every component in my spec.

But there are still some that I can't convert.

On those I got another error report: "Unable to set script & geometric data." and the detail report: "Missing script or parameter list for:END_COND_1=BW"

Does that mean that they missing a end connection? Or that the end connection BW does not exist.. Or something else?

Thanks in advance!

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

New AutoCAD Plant 3D Category!

The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.

Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.