AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converter doesn't work - fbx to dae

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
jacquilyn
531 Views, 1 Reply

Converter doesn't work - fbx to dae

Sort of a unique case here. My co-worker uses autocad and I use photoshop. I want to get the actual 3D model into a photoshop 3D layer. I don't need a rendered image from autocad, I need a 3D file. Photoshop can use:

• 3D Studio (import only)
  • DAE (Collada)
  • Flash 3D* (export only)
  • JPS* (JPEG Stereo)
  • KMZ (Google Earth 4)
  • MPO* (Multi-Picture format)
  • U3D

So I had my co-worker save out a fbx file so I can use autodesk's converter program and get a dae file. Which comes into photoshop with just the camera angles, and without our product (a crane system). Apperently I can't attach dae files, so I've put files here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxilMbV3eiBBd0loVGR6TTI2azQ&usp=sharing with a image of what the crane system model looks like.

The fbx has our product in it and the dae doesn't, right? And if so, why does the only important part of the file (our product) just not come through the conversion process?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.flores
in reply to: jacquilyn

I use the FBX Converter from Autodesk (Version 2013.3). It has the option to convert a *.fbx file to *.dae

It seems to work for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost