AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert settings Autoplant catalog

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
milan_blom
691 Views, 2 Replies

Convert settings Autoplant catalog

I'm trying to import a Autoplant catalog into Plant3D using the Convert option in Speceditor.

For some components I need to use the pulled bend (CPBP) component in P3D. To achive this i'm trying to adjust the Geometry Mapping in the Convert settings for Autoplant. I need to change the 'CPB - BW' setting to 'CPBP - BW'. 

However, although I can delete the exisitng items, when I try to add an extra item by typing 'CPBP' in the 'Add script name' fleld and either use the Tab key or clicking the '+', the entry disappears and the field stays empty, or I get an error: "Please enter a valid name"

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

See also attached screenshot

Convert settings.jpg

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tarrynd
in reply to: milan_blom

Hi There,

This is a bug, but there is a work around. What you will need to do is edit inside the ATPtoP3DGeometryMapping.xml

Firstly make sure to make a copy of the ATPtoP3DGeometryMapping.xml before editing

Inside the xml file search for "AT_ELBOW_LR_90"

Then you will add in the following (underneath the line <ScriptMatchCollection>):

<P3dScriptMatch>
                <Name>CPBP</Name>
                    <PropertyValues>
                       <string>BW</string>
                     </PropertyValues>
                </P3dScriptMatch>

So it should look like the attached screen shot.

Then when you re open the mapping settings for the AutoPlant to AutoCAD Plant 3D it will look like the 2nd image I have attached.

Hope this helps.

Tarryn

Message 3 of 3
milan_blom
in reply to: tarrynd

Tarryn,

Thanks a lot, that helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost