AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert Imperial to Metric Catalog

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
MAClara
2941 Views, 5 Replies

Convert Imperial to Metric Catalog

Hello

As you can convert a catalog in Metric Imperial ..?
Since the units of Imperia Nominal Unit "are in inch and metric are Mm ...?
We must make a copy of ASME Catalog and then edit it to Mm ..?
The prblem is that if enhanced copy and edit then change the units, when I insert a component is as if he had divided or expanded 25.4 pr 25.4 times.
I'm a user of your specs Autoplant and has a catalog ASME ASME inch and a Metric in millimeters.
Also seen on the internet in a video that someone made ​​a conversion through a macro in Excel.
Please if you can tell me the steps Algueña manage to have a catalog purchase ASME in millimeters for use with components drawn in millimeters.
Thank you very much.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
lopezjo
in reply to: MAClara

I do not think this is possible. The spec data has to match the graphical content so that proper scaling occurs.

However, if you create a metric project, you can still use the imperial specs and conversions happen automatically in the background.

Jorge Lopez
Software Architect
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 6
PeterQuinn

Hi,

If I understand the question correctly, you shouldn't have to copy and convert a catalog. There is an option to switch the units that you are shown while editing the catalog. It will do the conversion automatically.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 6
JimCircle
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Hi

Yes this display the mm an (inch) , but value some where stay in inch.(filter of nozzles's popup for example)

export to excel then convert unit into excel  and re import to catalog could be a solution ?

Thanks

Message 5 of 6
PeterQuinn
in reply to: JimCircle

Which values don't get translated? I'd like to get this fixed.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 6 of 6
MJStander

Hi

This is a old post but anyway. 

I dont think it is possible to convert the driving dimensions of the ASME catalog to inches. However you can export the catalog to excel and edit the descriptions of the components so that they match the equivalent metric dimansions available in the piping spec. I have done this and it seems to work well so far. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost