AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Center Lines from Ortho Existing/New

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
JoeKay
332 Views, 3 Replies

Controlling Center Lines from Ortho Existing/New

I'm having issues with the way Plant 14 controls and handles pipe centerlines in Orthos. I have existing pipe and proposed pipe. Existing pipe in an 'existing model' proposed in a 'proposed model'. When I do an ortho plan view of the site, it sticks ALL centerlines under one layer for both Existing and New pipe. Why? Industry standard usually has all existing features 'grayed out'. How can I do this with the current way Orthos are generated? As it stands all my centerlines are have to be the same color, and linetype when I need just the existing pipes centerlines gray. Why does this happen when they are 2 separate models being ortho'd together? Someone will say why don't you do 2 orthos and over lap them? Well then al my Proposed pipe going under existing will show going through the existing unclipped, so this is not an option. Can anyone offer a better solution to getting existing pipe to have a grayed out centerline? Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: JoeKay

Use Model Layers, it's a check b ox at the bottom of the ortho settings in the Project Setup.

David Cruze
AEC & Plant Solutions Engineer
Autodesk Certified Instructor
Hagerman & Company, Inc. | 10025 Investment Dr - Suite 250 | Knoxville, TN 37932 | (865) 539.2817 x692
[facebook] [Follow hagerman_co on Twitter] [cid:image008.png@01CBC38F.52E83380]

[cid:image005.gif@01CC4AB1.84375F70]
Message 3 of 4
JoeKay
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. "Use Model Layers' is selected. The problem arises when I have 2 models (Existing, Proposed) ortho'd together, the existing pipe is set to an 'Existing Layer' and Proposed set to 'New' layer. I can turn the pipe on and off individually (new/existing) but both centerlines are attached to the same layer (Top-Plan-Center) even though they are in separate models. So even if I turn off the 'existing' layer, then centerlines remain.
Message 4 of 4
EricNyh
in reply to: JoeKay

I have the exact same issue.  Would love a solution.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost