AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Failed

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
ashley.walker
2982 Views, 3 Replies

Connection Failed

Hello everyone,

I am haveing troubles setting up a project to use MS SQL. When I create a new project (or try and convert one) I go through all the prompts until I get to the screen that lets me choose the database type. When I press the downwards arrow to select the SQL server, it automatically detects about 12 SQL servers running on the network. I select the correct one (the one I want to use) and press "Test Connection" Each time I get the same error message:

Connection Failed

Your test connection to the specified server has failed. Please try again.

You can see in the image that the Server is actually working, (SQL Management studio connecting into the server, on another physical machine). It is the only instance of SQL running on the server and a clean install of the server (SQL and OS).

This error also happens to all other SQL servers that I attempt to connect to (even the one on my workstation) and even happens across multiple workstations. Does anyone know of a solution for this?

Plant 3D 2013 Premium

Windows 7 x64

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
neonade
in reply to: ashley.walker

Hi ashley, have you tried looking at this website as your guide?

http://www.davetyner.com/au-2011-classes/autocad-plant-3d-sqlite-to-microsoft-sql-server-%C2%AE-jaso...

Message 3 of 4
ashley.walker
in reply to: neonade

I have solved this about an hour ago (after days of head aches trying to get it going!)

To start I installed DotNet (.Net) version 4 This may or may not have been what made it work, I was promted to do this after reading an Microsoft Document on SQL and .Net The document explained that progrmas require the same .Net version in order to comunicate over TCP/IP. And it would seem that AutoCAD 2013 uses .Net 4 (as it is installed as a prerequisite) and SQL 2008 R2 uses (as defualt) .Net 3.5

Afterwards I installed the role/service of IIS 7

Inside of IIS 7 I created a Database connection string to the Master Database.

And then I also had the Windows Authenticaiton Enabled as well as Anonymous Authentication.

After a reboot, AutoCAD Plant 3D gave me a false positive (same as the image posted before) but this time was able to connect to the server and make the databases.

I will post a more detailed version with screen shots when I can get some more time.

Message 4 of 4
forrester
in reply to: ashley.walker

Ashley

Could you post you solution, we are having the same problem but not getting the databases generated. A bit more detail on the IIS 7 service would help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost