AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

connecting flanges to Flanged nozzles "Parts do not fit"

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
rod
Contributor
523 Views, 3 Replies

connecting flanges to Flanged nozzles "Parts do not fit"

I have a vessel with a number of 2" flanged 1500 RTJ nozzles.  Some of the nozzles work fine and several of them do not allow me to connect a flange or flanged valve to them.  When I do I get the message "Parts do not fit".

The vessel was created in its own file using the plantequipmentcreate command and the nozzles were all added to the vessel. The vessel was then copied to the piping model file.  In the original file the flanges work fine, but some quit working when they are copied to the piping model.  The same thing happens if the file is xrefed in.

When I use the grips to continue pipe routing it connects the same flange correctly to the nozzle.  I need to insert a flanged valve.  

I noticed in an earlier post their seemd to be some impact by the coordinate system being larger than 100,000.  My insertion coordinates are much larger in the x and y directions.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: rod

If you can post a sample we can help. It's hard to know without something to look at.
Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 4
rod
Contributor

I have attached the original vessel file along with a test file which has the vessel xrefed into it.

I have also included the spec files for the valves and flanges.

Message 4 of 4
rod
Contributor

I have attached the original vessel file along with a test file which has the vessel xrefed into it.

I have also included the spec files for the valves and flanges.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost