AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complete Sample Project Files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
pne123
4015 Views, 3 Replies

Complete Sample Project Files

Does anyone know where I can get a few sample projects that include P&ID, models and deliverable drawings?

Does not need to be a big or elaborate project. I know plant 3d has a sample project but it does not have any deliverable drawings. It just has one orthographic w/ a very few labels. My company is updating our piping program and they are thinking of going microstation open plant since we are mainly a microstation based company but there are few of us that would like to switch to plant 3d so a small project that is complete from begining to end would be a huge selling point.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
gbuckland
in reply to: pne123

Did you ever get an answer to this?

Message 3 of 4
pne123
in reply to: gbuckland

No.  Which is unfortunate.  Having project files of a completed job that users could actually manipulate would be a huge selling point.  Our company went with the Bentley products

Message 4 of 4
gbuckland
in reply to: pne123

Turns out after some digging the sample project should be in the following location:

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\PLNT3D\UserDataCache\SampleProjects\SampleProjects\Project.xml   

substitute the year obviously and maybe this would work for the free trial for testing but I can't confirm that.  Additionally from the perspective of the metric world it would be good if there was two sample projects one imperial and one metric.  Unfortunately there is only the imperial project and I would have though that for a company that was looking in 2012 I think Bentley systems was a better choice. Nowadays however I am not so sure.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost