AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compare Plant 3D

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
zeni241
431 Views, 1 Reply

Compare Plant 3D

Though this may not be right forum to ask this question. But many of the user here would have used more than one plant layout software, and there feedback is quite value able. I am presently using Bentley's AutoPlant and find it hard to edit catalogue or put custom equipment. How would you compare Plant3D with Autoplant? Is there any other Plant design software not as expensive as PDMS ot Smartplant? I extensively use Autodesk Inventor and find it very user friendly ( though not for Plant layout). I have feeling that Plant 3D would also be user friendly and comprehensive.

Zeni
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
ausdag
in reply to: zeni241

Hi Zeni

No problem and it’s a fair question.
I cannot give you a summary list on this one, but we do have some good feedback about this subject from existing “other” plant users.
We do have the ability to create user component based on solid (complete solid component) and define them in our catalog, without any visual basic programming.

For user equipment, we just select a window around any solid (user equipment) and then convert it. Nozzle size etc. can be defined/added by our equipment builder. Your equipment can then be saved as a template for later use.

Take a look into our AVI’s files form more information.

R,
Dag Austrheim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost