AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

choose a suitable bolt automatic when inserting a valve

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
lyowbeen
1287 Views, 3 Replies

choose a suitable bolt automatic when inserting a valve

Hi,all.

I have an issue about how to choose a suitable bolt automatic when inserting a valve.

In the spec,I have added a Single-head bolt and a stud bolt.I'm not very sure that how to call them in English.No matter what,there are two different kinds of bolt.When I insert a globe vavle in plant 3d 2012,I want the program use a Single-head bolt set,and a stud bolt when wafer butterfly valve.But the reality is, no matter what kind of valve I inserted,the program would use a single-head bolt set.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks.

Bin.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lyowbeen
in reply to: lyowbeen

I get a nice way to do that. I used two kinds of flange. One's EndTypes are both 'FL', and the other's are both 'FB'. When I add a valve, the AutoFlange works like this. FL(normal valve)-FB(flange) WF(wafer butterfly valve)-FL(flange) Then, different flange joints different bolt. If anyone interests this,who can give me a messege.
Message 3 of 4
dtham

Hi,

I know this is a 2 year old thread.

I have trouble get the bolt length to work correctly for wafer connection.

Thanks in advance

Message 4 of 4
viet_protocad

Can you explain more please? I'm trying to do what you're doing but I can't seem to get the bolt sets to play nice. It usually defaults to one bolt set or another.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost