AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing parts (Gaskets) Globaly?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
JoeKay
1024 Views, 6 Replies

Changing parts (Gaskets) Globaly?

We are almost done with a huge gas compressor station. We just noticed the gasket size was wrong in the catalog and should of been 1/8" gap all along. We have updated the catalog, added the updated gasket to the spec. Now is there a way were I can update all the Gaskets in the project without ctrl+clicking on each individual Gasket?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jabowabo
in reply to: JoeKay

One way to do this:

1. Make a copy of the original spec (you'll have to name it differently)

2. Remove the old gasket in the copied spec and replace with new.

3. Change all the objects on the old spec to the new spec via the properties palette.

4. Change gasket in the old spec and move everything back if you want to retain the original spec name.

Note:  I would recommend watching closely how your components are shifted to adjust to the new gasket thickness.  It might be a good idea to start with just a few items and check the results.

Message 3 of 7
JoeKay
in reply to: jabowabo

Great tip. I think that may work. But I'm having issues selecting all the gaskets at once. You do you have a good workaround for this? Quick Select doesnt allow you to select all the gaskets by name or anything usefull. I tried selecting by SPEC and it didnt work.
Message 4 of 7
JoeKay

Well I figured out how to select them all. Quick Select>Connector>Class>P3DConnector but problem is it selects all specs. So I return to de-quickselct the other specs and a I get a weird 'cant save, recover error'.
Message 5 of 7
jabowabo

I don't think there is any reason to select just the gaskets - unless I'm missing something. After creating the spec copy with the correct gasket, you will select all components with the old spec and change them to the new one.  This will allow Plant 3D to insert the new gasket while adjusting the existing  piping to fit. It MAY adjust if you change just the gaskets but I don't know for sure ...

If you need to select just the gaskets I may be able to come up with something.

Message 6 of 7
JoeKay
in reply to: jabowabo

Being this deep in the project just afraid of selecting everything on the whole spec (pipe, valves, fitting, etc) changing it, then changing it back.
Message 7 of 7
jabowabo

I sent you a PM.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost