AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Plant to metric

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
tmccar
14256 Views, 7 Replies

Change Plant to metric

When I route pipe in Plant 3D 2013, the pipe sizes are all fractional (inch). Can this be changed to metric, without re-installing?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: tmccar

At Project Setup select "Metric" and "Millimetres" for Base Units.

Open your spec in Catalogue and Spec Editor and under the  "Layout and Settings" tab select Display Nominal Sizes in Metric units.

Bruce

Message 3 of 8
tmccar
in reply to: Anonymous

I don't see  the "base units" option. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

Image attached.

Bruce

Message 5 of 8
tmccar

Hi Bruce

I don't get the "project setup wizard", just the normal project setup screen. Do I need to be in the wizard to see this option?

Tom

Message 6 of 8
Peter_Jansoone

You can only select the metric/imperial/mixed metric option while creating a new project, you cannot modify that on an existing project. You'll need to create a new project 

If you created a metric project, but use an imperial spec, the dimensions will be shown in milimeters (or vice versa) , but you can add the original value to the size display. See attachment for the button.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

If I understand correctly, we had to do something similar. When project was initialized for P&IDs metric was selected but when we went to route 24" pipe on our metric drawings, it came in as 24 mm. I found this link:

http://in-the-pipes.typepad.com/in_the_pipes/2016/02/how-to-change-the-unit-of-an-autocad-plant-3d-p...

Only thing I'd add to that post is that since ours was on SQL server vs. SQLite, I had anyone in the project close prior to changing DB to mixed metric. I also had them purge local data prior to restarting. This can be done using C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 20XX\PLNT3D\PnPLocalDataCachePurger.exe where "20XX" should be installed version of AutoCAD Plant 3D assuming folder structure doesn't change with release.

Message 8 of 8
martin_ohare

Hi btrevena

I have setup my specs to display imperial in metric using the spec editor layout and settings. However when I open this up in a mixed metric setup it displays the pipe sizes as imperial, my client wishes to display everything in metric apart from the bolt diameters. If I set it up as metric the pipe sizes are fine but the bolt sizes change to metric which again gives me an issue?

I'm using 2019.

Thanks

Martin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost