AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

centerlines

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
maxdc
1156 Views, 6 Replies

centerlines

Is there any way to change the color of the centerlines in an ortho drawing?

thanks

Max

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
awerning
in reply to: maxdc

Not that I am aware of.  The red color is hard-coded onto the entity within the block.  This has been discussed a few times here and am sure that AD is working it into their next release (as this is a showstopper for almost all companies).  There is a LISP routine here that you may be able to tweak to set the centerlines to a new layer and set them to "byLayer" for color.  I have thought of doing it once or twice, but just hadn't gotten around to it yet.

Message 3 of 7
Fragels

BTTT.

Has anyone found a work around for this problem?

I need to change colors and linetypes of items in my orthos.

/Marcus

Message 4 of 7
MaxDeardorff
in reply to: Fragels

>>Is there any way to change the color of the centerlines in an ortho drawing?

This is interesting and we will be looking into it for the next release...  Also, if you have any other suggestions please jump over to the Wishlist thread and add them.

Thanks,

-Max

Max Deardorff

Sr. Software Development Manager
ICP Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 7
bmcmullin

In Plant 3D 2011 you can go to your model tab in your ortho drawing and your 3D model will be represented as 2D blocks.

You can then explode the 2D blocks and edit each line individually.

When you do this you will lose the reference to your model.

To update the view again you will have to click "Edit View" and then "Update View" again in but it will insert another 2D block model overtop of the one you just exploded.

Therefore, you will have to delete the exploded one and start again or delete portions and piece stuff together.

If you are going to edit a model this way at all. it must be the last thing you do once the model is "frozen".

The next problem is in our industry models never seem to be "frozen".  Something always changes.

This means you will be doing a lot of rework if you explode the 2D drawings.

So far this is the only solution i can find for modifying the centerlines.

Regards,

Brendan

Message 6 of 7
Kevin.Sturmer
in reply to: bmcmullin

The LISP routine did not work for us. 

Exploding/bursting the anonymous blocks is possible - just not an option for us. However I do need to freeze the centerlines. I've tried SETBYLAYER which changes the color but will not change the layer.

There should be a way to freeze only the centerlines - maybe going into the anonymous blocks, selecting the lines by linetype, changing their layer and then freezing that layer - all without bursting/exploding the blocks or otherwise causing them to lose their intelligence.

Suggestions/Solutions?

Message 7 of 7
bmcmullin
in reply to: Kevin.Sturmer

As far as i know you can't edit anonymous blocks.

This software needs some major work to bring it to a proper drawing production level.

I am currently not using it anymore.  I'll give it a good two years before i look at it again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost