AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

catalog migration

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JohnHolder
627 Views, 4 Replies

catalog migration

Ok, another release, and another headache.

I really really do not want to rebuild the 3 catalogs from scratch yet again.

how do you migrate custom blocks from 2013 to 2014.  i have specified the location to them during 'migration' and of course nothing works.

Most of it is parametric modeling - sch 40 sch 80 and HDPE standard, and HDPE metric.

but too many parts are missing and I had to model them myself.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JohnHolder
in reply to: JohnHolder

So, loading up 2013 spec editor and exporting to excel, then building a catalog in 2014 seemed to work ok.

except for alot of the images are missing in the tool pallet, but that is not a big issue.

annoying that the migration fuction fails..

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
Master Yoda.
Message 3 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: JohnHolder

For the parts that I created in 2013, images/source files were located in C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Content\CatalogSupportFolders

Under there should be a folder per catalog that has block based parts.

I was able to copy that catalog folder to the 2014 and all of the source pathing issues were resolved.

For example, "C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Content\CatalogSupportFolders\ECAD Houston" got copied to:

"C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 Content\CatalogSupportFolders\ECAD Houston"

I don't know why the migrate feature doesn't include this, but I'm submitting a bug ticket for it.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 5
JohnHolder
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Some catalogs are in the

C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 Content\CatalogSupportFolders\

others are inside

C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2013 Content\CPak Common

that may have been part of the problem?

right now the catalogs work, but are just missing images on the tool pallet.  I renamed the catalogs

when I rebuilt them, just in case I tried the migration again.  Which I will and I will attempt to copy over the supporting

documents

Edit

Thank you again Dave.  That was the issue, the supports folder was not in the right place, I should have looked around more to find it!  But migration worked properly.

Master Yoda.
Message 5 of 5
JohnHolder
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Partial success.  Standard catalogs, both sch 40 and hdpe work fine!

Metric catalogs, both PVCu and HDPE do not - lots of parts missing..

working on that now.

Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost