AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Database

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
SebastienBurgos
2032 Views, 9 Replies

Catalog Database

Hello ,

I have few questions.

- In the Structural Catalog some profiles are missing. How could we create/added new type of Profile and, or how can we modify  dimensions of existing profiles ( for exemple Square Sharpes DIN 59411 150x50x5 is not available, etc...)

- In the register CPAK Common two support catalog are available (SUPPORTS Catalog.acat & SUPPORTS Catalog Metric.acat) and one PipeSupportsSpec.pspx. I can modify the pipesupportspec.pspx and Catalog file with the  speceditor but we couldn't load it .

Thank for your Help

Sebastien 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

It is currently not possible to edit the structural profiles in the UI.

However, while it is not supported, it is possible to modify the Structural Catalog.acat file using an SQL editor and edit the ShapeData table of an existing member to suit the required size.

ShapeData.png

Regarding the supports catalog, you will need to make sure that you have copied the modified support spec from the the content folder to the project folder.

Thanks,
Dan

Dan Scales
Message 3 of 10

Dear Dan Thanks for your informations, they will help me. One more question regarding the structural Catalog Could you explain me more. I installed the sqlite plugin from firefox but I don't understand how we can added some dimensions. Do you have a tutorial? Best regards Sebastien
Message 4 of 10

Hi,

I did not add sizes, I just modified an existing size.

It does not seem to be possible to add a new size.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 5 of 10

Dear Dan, Thank you for your answer. Unfortunately it is exactly the answer which I hoped to have. When would be possible ? in the new Version 2014? It is the same for the "AutoCAD Structural Detailing " software. Best regards S?bastien BURGOS
Message 6 of 10

Hi,

Unfortunately it is not possible for us to comment on the functionality of future releases.

You can use this link to pass enhancement requests on to our developers:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 7 of 10
eadkins73
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Hi Dan.  Is it at least possible for you to please pass up the chain of command that us users would like the functionality to add our own sizes and shapes.  Either that or at least add the sizes users request such as 1" and 1 1/2" square tube and angle under the AISC shape standard. 

Oh and please please please tell them to add unistrut.  There are many uses for this in designing a plant whether its used as a support for small pipe or for supporting cable trays, or various other things, it would be very beneficial to have.

Thank you for your time,

Ed

Ed Adkins
EA2 Engineering
www.ea2eng.com
Message 8 of 10
Dan.Scales
in reply to: eadkins73

Hi,

The ability to add new sizes and unistrut has been logged with our developers as a feature enhancement request.

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 9 of 10
Srisurya

This is done for 2017 version
SriSurya Rao Lankapalli
Message 10 of 10
egalvin4488

Hello Dan, 

What is the time frame to add Unistrut ? 

Kind Regards, 

Ed 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost