AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalog Creation

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
494 Views, 1 Reply

Catalog Creation

Hi there.

In Plant 3D spec editor 2015, I am trying to create a new catalog. If one navigates into Show Advanced Editing Table in Sizes at Catalog Editor tab.
Here a vast spreadsheet is shown. When I export this to excel, I cannot see all the options as I saw in the previous mentioned spreadsheet.

Such as Post Name has a separate column, S1, S2 and S3. When exported to excel only one of these ports are visible and thus editing a reducing tee is difficult.
There are a few more of these examples, where the editing table has more options than the exported excel sheet. Such as Thickness and Length.

Is there something I am missing or is it not possible to do such fine tuning of your catalog?

Kind regards,
Alexander

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jabowabo
in reply to: Anonymous

Use 'File', 'Export to Catalog Builder' to get the other fields into excel.  After you edit, you will have to build the catalog with 'Catalog Builder' and add it back in to the original. I follow these steps:

1. copy the items I want to edit into a temporary catalog
  2. delete them from the original catalog
  3. export the temp catalog to excel
  4. edit the excel file
  5. build the excel file and use the 'add to existing catalog' option to bring the items into the original catalog

This is the way I do it but there may be a better method.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost