AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant assign "Line Number Tag"

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ck1811
1113 Views, 5 Replies

Cant assign "Line Number Tag"

Hi

I was assigning the "Line Number Tag" so that i could create the Isos. All was fine, but suddenly i couldnt assign anymore the line numbers. I reinstalled Autocad but it didnt help. Plantaudit and Auditproject say no errors. What else can i do?

Thanks Chris

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
raj.inugala
in reply to: ck1811

Hello Chris,

When you say you were assigning the "Line Number Tag", what exactly were you doing? Are you able to invoke the Assign Tag dialog?

Thanks,

Raj.

Message 3 of 6
ck1811
in reply to: raj.inugala

Hi

I solved my problem. I created a new project and copied my file into it. That fixed it.

raj.inugala schrieb:
When you say you were assigning the "Line Number Tag", what exactly were you doing? Are you able to invoke the Assign Tag dialog?

In the properties there is a "Tag" and a "Line Number Tag". For the normal "Tag" i havent entered any values. I only enter the line number tag, cause this do i need for the Isogen. The line number tag changed back to unassigned after i assigned one from the dropdown list or creating a new one. I was half through my project and without making any changes i couldnt assign it anymore. Maybe just another bug.

But now its solved. Thanks for your help.

Chris

Message 4 of 6
raj.inugala
in reply to: ck1811

Hello Chris,

I am glad that you were able to solve this issue.

However, if you can, it would be great if you share the error causing project with us. We would like to see what caused this problem and fix it.

Thanks,

Raj Inugala.

Message 5 of 6
jessica
in reply to: raj.inugala

Ive had this happen multiple times as well, please let me know if you have a fix. I did the same thing by creating a new project, but now this project keeps crashing.Smiley Mad 

Message 6 of 6
BuddyLegnon
in reply to: jessica

Im not sure I can add any new advice here, but this is what I do to prior to routing any lines in 3D

1. turn off all uneeded layers

2. assign the new line number in the part insertion ribbon

3. route my line completely and save.

4. test the line by dropping a production iso.

Having the line number assigned is IMHO the best method to avoid tag issues.

Best of luck.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button (you must be logged in). This helps everyone find answers more quickly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost