AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Connect between Pipe and Equipment in Autodesk Plant Design 3D 2015

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
dFirst
1000 Views, 4 Replies

Can't Connect between Pipe and Equipment in Autodesk Plant Design 3D 2015

Dear All,

I have problems in connecting the Pipe to the Equipment in the Autodesk Plant Design 3D 2015. When I put the pipe based on the list of P&ID Pipe, between the Pipe and the Equipment can not be connected (see the pictures that have I attached). Please help to you, if there is one ? Please, help me.

I am very grateful if you can help me.

Best Regards.

Widhi Saputra.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JarrodMudford
in reply to: dFirst

I notice your routing is at BOP. Change it to Center of Pipe and you should be able to connect.

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Jarrod Mudford
Plant Solutions Consultant
Global Services
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 5
dFirst
in reply to: JarrodMudford

Dear Jarrod Mudford, Thanks for your reply, but, I still can't Insert/Connect to next of equipment after Insert/Connect from First Equipment, let's say next of equipment is a Pump. Please, help me, I really confuse with this. I am very grateful if you can help me. Best Regards. Widhi Saputra.
Message 4 of 5
patpat79
in reply to: dFirst

Hi, can you please attach the snap of the exact error you are referring to?? And as per your snap, have you check the nozzle Facing, pressure class, nominal diameter vs. your Flange in the spec?? if they are not the same, your pipe will not connect. If it happens that your answer is yes, try to select the nozzle and click the "+" sign and pull it out , if your spec and equipment is correct, flange assembly will appear and as also a pipe run. If not maybe there is something wrong in your spec/ in your equipment/ or else in your setup. Thanks.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 5
dFirst
in reply to: patpat79

Dear All,

I've found the problem. At Autocad Plant Design 3D 2015, required some command to be able to perform the routing of pipes and valves.  Where it differs from Autocad Plant Design 3D before the 2015 Edition.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost