AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM of the Steel

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
dennis
2333 Views, 3 Replies

BOM of the Steel

It appears to me that you can not get a BOM of the steel members.  Am I correct and if not, where/what am I missing here.  I can't seem to "make it do it".

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You may want to check this thread for more information on this,

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D/Bill-of-material-BOM/m-p/3291369#M4358

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 4

Thanks for tweaking my memory Vinod, it dawned on me too: REPORTS can do what is needed.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: dennis

Sorry to revive an old post but is it possible to run a BOM on only 1 certain structural member rather than running a report on the entire drawing?

We make individual structural details for each support and each support has its own BOM for member lengths and weights. This was extremely easy in CADWORX, 1 click and it was done but I can not for the life of me figure this out in Plant 3D.

Also, I see that the "weight" row in the properties menu is always blank, will the weights come in if I make a BOM?

We were going to do it manually but that would take forever. Even when hovering over a steel member there is next to no information, only size. No length, elevation or weight. Is this for real? Can I change the type of information displayed when hovering over a member?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost