AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOM includes existing piping material also

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kandarp
783 Views, 5 Replies

BOM includes existing piping material also

I have generated model for modification in existing piping system where hook-up of new work with exsting piping is also modeled. While generating isometric with BOM for new piping with hook up detail, it shows BOM of exsting piping extracted in isometric. Is there any option available to extract BOM for new piping only?
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
kandarp
in reply to: kandarp

Kindly support to solve the problem.
Message 3 of 6
EricNyh

I would like to hear how others do this as well.

The way I do it is that all my existing lines have their status set to existing and I add the suffix "(E)" to the end of the line number.

For example, I create a line number in the format SERVICE-NUMBER.  Size and Spec will get added automatically, to create final tag in format SIZE-SERVICE-NUMBER-SPEC.

All existing lines would follow like:                 GP-1234(E)

The new parts of that existing line would be: GP-1234

Then I run iso's on only the new lines and I get continuations symbols to the existing lines.

Message 4 of 6
PeterQuinn
in reply to: EricNyh

The ISO BOM is supposed to exclude items marked as existing. I don't know why it's not for you.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 5 of 6
rverdun
in reply to: PeterQuinn

When creating an overall BOM, using report creator, the existing pipng (status is existing in properties) is still being called out in the overall BOM.

Message 6 of 6
jabowabo

You'll need to edit the query in Report Creator to exclude existing parts. There is another method to do it in the report layout. Search the forum and you should find it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost