AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolting Error in Iso-Extraction.

18 REPLIES 18
Message 1 of 19
paragnewe
982 Views, 18 Replies

Bolting Error in Iso-Extraction.

Hello Friends, I am working on one project and facing some difficulties while extracting Isometrics. This project is in Metric unit. I assigned one spec "A1A" for RF, 150#. and assigned "Machine Bolt" for bolting as well as in Description I used "Machine bolt-description as per project" In BOM, I selected FULL FAMILY description for all components. But After extraction of ISO, Description of Bolt is coming like "PH IMPERIAL STUD BOLT" I am wondering if some one please explain me where I am going wrong. Please see attached snaps for more clarity.

-Regards
Prag
18 REPLIES 18
Message 2 of 19
jabowabo
in reply to: paragnewe

The bolt sets in your spec are not being used. Plant is instead selecting a bolt set from the 'Place Holder' spec. You need to check your connection definitions for the bolt set and verify they comply with the connection rules in the project settings.
Message 3 of 19
paragnewe
in reply to: jabowabo

@jabowabo wrote:
The bolt sets in your spec are not being used. Plant is instead selecting a bolt set from the 'Place Holder' spec. You need to check your connection definitions for the bolt set and verify they comply with the connection rules in the project settings.

Thanks jabowabo for your quick reply.

can you please elaborate this to me?

How i can assign to my spec? i used same connection which are available into ACAD supplied catalouges. 

-Regards
Prag
Message 4 of 19
jabowabo

If you are using the OOTB project connection settings, there are 3 conditions that must be met. The ports of both the bolt set and connected items must have:
1. Same nominal size
2. Same pressure class
3. Same facing
Message 5 of 19
paragnewe

OOTB Project?... can you please explain some more?

I have copied CS150 spec provide by ACAD and change its name to new Spec "A1A". I did some modifications into PART Family description.

So all 3 conditions which you mentioned were remains same if ACAD supplied spec is correct (which I supposed to be correct ) .

-Regards
Prag
Message 6 of 19
jabowabo

OOTB: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_the_box_feature

Part description has no bearing on connectivity. Please check the three items I described above - they must be the same on each port to be connected.
Message 7 of 19
paragnewe

Hello Jabowabo, 

@jabowabo wrote:
OOTB: http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Out_of_the_box_feature

Part description has no bearing on connectivity. Please check the three items I described above - they must be the same on each port to be connected.

Thanks for your help. and now I can able to see my DESC fro Bolts which I had assigned for BOLT SET. 

I was trying to use LUG bolt instead of simple BOLT. 

But now I have observe new error for same Bolts. 

Please see attached Snaps. 

I am using all CATS supplied for ACAD PLANT 3D. 

but still i can see two different BOLT len for a single Valve at both the ends. 

If you see Bolts for assigned Valve, then those are with same sizes but different Length (See snap-2).

I am bit confuse and not able to solve where from it can be fix.

I confirmd  FLan THK which is same for both Flanges as well as for Valve Also. 

-Regards
Prag
Message 8 of 19
patpat79

Check your bolt size range. Maybe it's lacking

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 9 of 19
paragnewe
in reply to: patpat79

where from i can see that?

sorry if it is silly question.. Smiley Surprised

but i m still learning...

-Regards
Prag
Message 10 of 19
patpat79

Placeholder components appear if your components has the same port properties ( eg. facing, pressure class) but then don't have the size for the respective component

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 11 of 19
patpat79

Can you please attach more snaps so we can help you out more easily? Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 12 of 19
paragnewe

but it showing different values for both ports of same valve..!! how it is possible?
-Regards
Prag
Message 13 of 19
patpat79

Can I see your simple joints setup on your piping connection settings? I think I know now what your problem is. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 14 of 19
paragnewe

Please see attached snap

simple Joint..

-Regards
Prag
Message 15 of 19
patpat79

Your setup is good, maybe I need to see your spec viewer or the properties of the valve or flange which the ph bolts appears.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 16 of 19
patpat79

Hmm, wait is your problem in ph bolts solved? If you have another problem can you attach a snap? Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 17 of 19
patpat79

From how I see your snap with regards to the different bolt set in one valve, do you use the same flange? I need more details to help you out of your problem, thanks.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 18 of 19
paragnewe

Please let me know which files you required..

i will mail you 

-Regards
Prag
Message 19 of 19
patpat79

I need your snap of the spec editor, your simple joint setup again, and your catalog property snap of valve, flange, bolt and gasket that causing the problem. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost