AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt Length rounding in isometric BOM

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1338 Views, 4 Replies

Bolt Length rounding in isometric BOM

Hi everyone,

We have an issue with our isometrics where the bolt lengths in the bill of materials are only rounding up to the nearest mm. They adjust length correctly for wafer components but still do not round to the nearest 5 or 10mm or what ever the default is meant to be. I cannot find it in the isoconfig.xml file. Where do you control this?

Thankyou,

Darin

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jabowabo
in reply to: Anonymous

This is set on the Catalog Editor tab of the Spec Editor:

2014-06-25_054035.png

2014-06-25_054131.png

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: jabowabo

Hi Jabowabo,

Thanks for your response. I believe that the bolt length mapping feature only solves half of our problem. We are using imperial bolting but isometrics displaying in metric. For example, if we want the 3.5" bolt length to display as 90mm rather than 89mm then we can modify it to be 3.54". We would then have to do this to all bolt sizes. If we used a wafer valve in between these flanges then we will still have the same issue of no rounding. e.g Valve plus gaskets length 578mm plus flange length 90mm = 668mm. This is not rounding for us. I would have thought that there would be somewhere in the iso config xml where we can define all bolting to be rounded to the nearest 5 or 10mm.

Thanks

Darin

Message 4 of 5
patpat79

try using AS bolts (they are natively  metric). I hope it helps. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 5 of 5
jabowabo

There is a bolt length style in IsoConfig.xml but I don't think that will help. Have you tried mapping both imperial and metric lengths in the catalog?

Capture.PNG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost