AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bolt length issues in P3D 2013

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
milan_blom
828 Views, 4 Replies

Bolt length issues in P3D 2013

Whean changing the spec for bolts and running a spec update in P3D 2013 there are some issues with the bolt length.

First, the bolt length in de description is replaced by @@@ and not calculated, and secondly after replacing the connector, the bolt length is calculated incorrectly. Only replacing both flanges fixes the problem.

Steps to repeat:

1. Metric project, standard spec: CS300 6” (occurs with any spec)
  2. Standard bolt length in the spec: 4,75” = 120,65mm
  3. Place a flange
  4. Connect another flange to the first one
  5. Check the bolt length (Ctrl-click on the connector); Bolt length is 120,65 -> OK
  6. Edit the spec for the 6" 300LBS stud bolt (e.g. description, item code) and save the spec
  7. Perform a spec update check. P3d will report the spec has changed. Apply the changes
  8. Check the bolt length; Bolt length is @@@ -> NOT OK
  9. Remove the connector
  10. Click one of the flanges, then right click and choose ‘Connect to adjacent component’
  11. Check the bolt length; Bolt length is 57,15 -> NOT OK
  12. Remove one of the flanges and place a new flange to the remaining one
  13. Check the bolt length; Bolt length is 88,9 -> NOT OK
  14. Remove the other flange and place a new flange to the remianing one
  15. Check the bolt length; Bolt length is 120,65 -> OK

It seems after doing the spec update, not only the bolts have been changed, but also the flange thickness of the connecting flanges. P3D replaces the value in the property 'Flange thickness' to the value in inches from the spec. But since this is a metric project, this value should be multiplied by 25,4 to reflect the value in millimeters.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
feschaurich
in reply to: milan_blom

I have the same issue.

Some flange thickness, not all, are being shown in inches not in milimeters (my project is metric) in the 3D model. I don't know when this started to happen. At the moment the solution is replace the both flanges, as you said, the question is that I have about 3000 flanges in my model and replace all of them will take some time.

Is there a solution for this problem?

Best regards,

Fernando

Message 3 of 5
paragnewe
in reply to: feschaurich

Yet I am facing this problem on 2014 ver. 

i have already raised new thread for this issue.. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Plant-3D-General/Bolting-Error-in-Iso-Extraction/m-p/5081036#M...

-Regards
Prag
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: paragnewe

Hello, I have also a problem with length of bolt. Someone have a solution to this issue? I have a flange control valve with differents stud Bolt length.

Thanks in advance if somebody can help!

Message 5 of 5
kenbukey
in reply to: milan_blom

Hi dear Milian,

I am about to install my plant 3d software to use for my project please i need the serial number. could you be of help?

thanks.

@milan_blom wrote:

Whean changing the spec for bolts and running a spec update in P3D 2013 there are some issues with the bolt length.

@Anonymous, the bolt length in de description is replaced by @@@ and not calculated, and secondly after replacing the connector, the bolt length is calculated incorrectly. Only replacing both flanges fixes the problem.

Steps to repeat:

3. Place a flange
  5. Check the bolt length (Ctrl-click on the connector); Bolt length is 120,65 -> OK
  6. Edit the spec for the 6" 300LBS stud bolt (e.g. description, item code) and save the spec
  7. Perform a spec update check. P3d will report the spec has changed. Apply the changes
  8. @Anonymous the bolt length; Bolt length is @@@ -> NOT OK
  9. Remove the connector
  10. Click one of the flanges, then right click and choose ‘Connect to adjacent component’

It seems after doing the spec update, not only the bolts have been changed, but also the flange thickness of the connecting flanges. P3D replaces the value in the property 'Flange thickness' to the value in inches from the spec. But since this is a metric project, this value should be multiplied by 25,4 to reflect the value in millimeters.

@milan_blom wrote:

@Anonymous, the bolt length in de description is replaced by @@@ and not calculated, and secondly after replacing the connector, the bolt length is calculated incorrectly. Only replacing both flanges fixes the problem.

Steps to repeat:

3. Place a flange
  8. @Anonymous the bolt length; Bolt length is @@@ -> NOT OK
  9. Remove the connector

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost