AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocks not Visible when inserting a Block

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
24173 Views, 4 Replies

Blocks not Visible when inserting a Block

When inserting a Block created with the command Write Block, the Block is not visible. The List command confirms that the block is in the drawing, but can not be seen.  Layers are On and not Frozen. The Visibility commands are normal.  Zoom Extents

Please find the attached 3 blocks. Use the following commands sequence:

Insert, Insert, Block, Browse, Fractionating Tower   0,0,0  Scale 1 for XYZ

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Attila.Vallyon
in reply to: Anonymous

Those are not single blocks but Plant 3D equipments. Maybe that is the problem. The equipments have to be the part of the active project otherwise you can not insert them.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 3 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

So, the first time I inserted it, and it didn't show up.  Then I when to insert, and instead of browse I inserted from the drop down.

From then on, the block would insert.  I even inserted it into a blank drawing fine.  I'm not sure what the deal is, I can tell something is happening, but it may not be as reproducible as I thought.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 4 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Ok, so I think I know what is going on.  You need to make sure that explode is not check when you insert the equipment drawing.  After the item is inserted, explode it.

5-22-2012 9-09-52 AM.png

If you choose Explode, the drawing will not get inserted correctly.  This is a bug and I'll report it to Autodesk.  

Update: It turns out the item does get inserted but it is not visible.  You can make it visible by starting the BEDIT command, selecting one of the component blocks to open it in the block editor and then closing the block editor without saving changes.

5-22-2012 9-21-45 AM.png

Please mark my post as the answer if it answers your question. Marking answers helps other find solutions faster. Thanks!

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 5
linuxtad
in reply to: dave.wolfe

I am seeing the same issue, no preview during placement. After placing it "blindly" the block shows up.

Regards,

Tom

Windows 10

Autocad V. 20.0.46.0 ACAD Mechanical 2016

Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2016

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost