AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bends larger than 90

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
PatrickByrne
373 Views, 1 Reply

Bends larger than 90

I have attached a drawing which has a pipe line route. On this route the pipe has some bends larger than 90 degrees.

For example I might have a pipe that falls 1:100 for 20 metres and then does a vertical rise. You can add a steam trap at the corner.

When I try and add the pipe to the route it won't go above 90 degrees, when I add in a 180 degree return it does not draw the bend at all.

Can this be done in Plant 3D

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
PatrickByrne
in reply to: PatrickByrne

I have added in a 180 degree return to the spec, Therefore if the bend is larger than 96 degrees it will put it in using the line to pipe command but I can't find a way of getting it to work with a bends between 90 and 95 degrees. Picking point to point does not work.

We have cases where we have pipe going from the sump to a distribution box, we have a 3 degree fall on the line so it drains back to the sump, therefore when it goes into the box it has a 93 degree cutback elbow, I can't get it to work.

This is just pipework it si not that unusual and CadWorx does this without any problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost