AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bend Pipes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Gaituuth
785 Views, 4 Replies

Bend Pipes

Hi,

I can't figure out of this is possible. For small pipes 1/2" and 1" for example we don't use elbows but we bend them.

Is there a way todo this in P3D 2011?

Also is this possible to show this in the Iso's

Thanks in advance

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
samuel.wu
in reply to: Gaituuth

Unfortunately, we can't create bend pipe in P3D until now.

Message 3 of 5
Bob
Participant

We do the same thing, the only work around I have found is to use an elbow. I then have to remove the weld marks and adjust the number of elbows on the BOM. I then just key note the particular bent segment and call out "bend to fit". 

Message 4 of 5
eparas
in reply to: Bob

that is also how we do it Bob

one more problem encountered is when these are insulated. apparently the insulation is only made to suit standard radius elbows. Does anyone know how to go about this?

thanks in advance.

Message 5 of 5
Bob
Participant

We bend most tube under 3/4". I made a custom part in the Spec/Catalogue editor using both 90 and 45 degree elbows for the geometry. I have chosen the "Long Description Size" to show up on our BOM and entered "90 degee and 45 degree Bend" as the description with our own internal part number for labor in an added property field for extraction into the data manager. The only editing I need to do on the iso is delete the weld marks, which is a snap by right clicking and using the AutoCAD "quck select" function. Make sure you choose butt weld for the end type or else you will have to edit each elbow block and delete the lines added that indicate socket welds.

Hope this is helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost