AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

autocad plant trigger

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MSpadaro
439 Views, 3 Replies

autocad plant trigger

Hello, is there anybody who knows about examples of Autocad Plant3D triggers both using SQLLITE and SQL SERVER application?

First of all I've to create BOP trigger using SQL SERVER 2008 R2. In which database table should I insert the code; and the code is the same used for SQL LITE trigger?

thanks

mauro

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
lopezjo
in reply to: MSpadaro

This is not something we recommend you do. What are you trying to do so I can advise on how it can be done?

Jorge Lopez
Software Architect
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
Gaituuth

I'm interested in a trigger example for Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2.

I cannot get it working. Who can help me?

Message 4 of 4
lopezjo

In the Plant software, data integrity validation and rules are performed on the client thus allowing multiple back end databases (some without stored procedures, triggers, etc) to be used. There is also a caching mechanism on the local computer to enhance performance.

For those reasons, we do not support using triggers and stored procedures. Doing so may corrupt the project database and/or cause problems in the running software due to the caching mechanism becoming inconsistent with database changes being made on the back end.

May I recommend using the Plant SDK, specifically the .NET APIs with the root class being PnPDatabase. It is very similar to ADO.NET APIs. By using these APIs, the database can be modified in a consistent and supported manner.

Thanks

Jorge Lopez
Software Architect
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost