AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD PLANT 3D TO PDMS

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
tomgian
11279 Views, 13 Replies

AUTOCAD PLANT 3D TO PDMS

Hello guys,

I have a problem, I created a 3D design with "AutoCAD Plant 3D". The client asked me to formats compatible with Intergraph PDS. What are the sizes that I can give? thanks

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
dgorsman
in reply to: tomgian

(Intergraph) PDS, or (AVEVA) PDMS?  Two separate products.  Either way, you are likely limited to exporting to PCF which would be imported in the other program with quite a bit of post-import fixing.  In most cases, when a client asks for compatibility with a certain piping design software the only way to get it is to use that software.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 14
tomgian

The client wants to import data constructed with "AutoCAD Plant 3D" in the two software PDS and PDMS. There are also exchange formats to import the parametric data? Or software that can do this?

Message 4 of 14
Fredrik.Larsen

Hi

My company is developing a conversion tool from Plant 3D to PDMS. Send me a message if you would like to know more about this.

Message 5 of 14
tomgian

ok syedrizvi8064,
give me more information ...
What exactly does the software?
Export all data from parametric 3D software, "autocad plant 3d" to "pdms"?
You have to send me some examples?
And what the name of the software?
thanks

Message 6 of 14
Fredrik.Larsen

The software can convert piping and equipment from Plant 3D to PDMS using mapping of piping component and nozzles. Equipment body comes across as a meshed object. The main focus has been on converting piping. Since the software is dependant on mapping the cats and specs need to exist in both tools. We are working with a tool to vonvert PDMS specs into Plant 3D specs, but this is not finished. The software consists of two plugins, one in Plant 3D that exports the data, and one in PDMS to import the data.We are currently looking for pilot projects so please send me a private message with your contact information if you think this sounds interesting. Then I can show some examples.

Message 7 of 14
brzyto
in reply to: Fredrik.Larsen

Hi

How about conversion onter way: AVEVA PDMS > Autodesk Plant 3D? I mean whole project and piping/equi/steel cataloque and specifications. Are there some limitations (PDMS version, project size etc.) Could you send me some details and your website address to my email: tbrzyski@prochem.com.pl

Message 8 of 14
VTU-REl

Hi,

need to reverse away.

From PDMS to PLant3D

place contact me.

rabi.elias@vtu.com

Who knows nothing has to do anything

Hard-working people aware of their surroundings fit.
Lazy people adapt their environment to itself.
Message 9 of 14
Fredrik.Larsen
in reply to: VTU-REl
Message 10 of 14
Vrocha5

Any word on the conversion from Plant 3D to PDMS or PDS? Our company too have clients that want our Plant 3D models to PDMS and PDS.

Thanks,

Message 11 of 14
nib
Observer
in reply to: Vrocha5

Generate AutoCAD dwg files from AVEVA PDMS review files.

ISY CAD ImportPDMS for AutoCAD from Norconsult Informasjonssystemer converts PDMS files into AutoCAD dwg files. The complete PDMS structure / attributes may be reviewed in AutoCAD. A similar solution for Revit is in development.

For more information see http://download.nois.no/isycad/datasheet/ImportPDMS_AutoCAD.pdf

Contact NTI CADcenter AS or NoIS.

Message 12 of 14
romnickmanio

Hi good day!

I would like to suggest if the purpose only is for viewing overall plant, I can suggest to use a Naviswork simulate or manage. this software allows you to view models made by different 3d softwares like pdms, autocad and bentley. You can append the models to view it on overall perspective.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Message 13 of 14
K0702297

Hi Fredrik.Larsen,

Can you share for me information about convert tool from Plant3d to PDMS .

My gmail: thientran89@gmail.com

Thank you for your information

Message 14 of 14

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost