AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad Plant 3D Orbit Problem because of lines

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ugurbalbay
1248 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad Plant 3D Orbit Problem because of lines

Dear All,

As you know we can't create detailed equipments in plant 3D. We have some items that created in other software(TRICAD) and we have import these equipments into the plant 3D. Check attached picture.

There is no problem with the fuction of imported items but when we have gone in 2DFRAME view we have seen lots of lines in the block. Those lines makes the dwg file so slow and we can't orbit the 3D model, we can't not make piping, and even we can't not take ortographic views and 3DFX file from the software.

We are in the middle of the project and I don't want to erase these items from the 3D. So if there is any way to ignore these lines when we orbit or any other think that will help us to make progress fast please share your opinions.

Plant 3D is a very good software for plant management but we have also other thinks to import from manufacturer or supplier so Autocad guys should support us kind of these problems.

Yours faithfully.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
rchiasson
in reply to: ugurbalbay

My first thought is have you toggled DISPSILH on and off to see if this helps? While it is a great tool to be able to convert equipment, there are limitations on your graphic you are brining in, you can get pretty models from other packages that are tough for AutoCAD to handle. I am not familiar with TRICAD, but you might want to look into it and see if they have something similar to shrink wrapping in Inventor.

Message 3 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: rchiasson

If you aren't actually building the equipment, then the flutes on the engine, nuts/bolt heads, and all the other details which look pretty (and slow things down) ultimately don't matter for piping design.  Accurate connection points and a reasonable exterior envelope are all thats needed for day-to-day design work.  Even a simple box to indicate no piping through this space works.  Save the uber-detailed model for design reviews.

Kind of like all the bits and bobs in the Transformer movies - there will be a few animation geeks drooling over "15000+ moving parts OMG!!!!1!!" but for the rest of us they could remove half of them and we wouldn't even notice.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 4 of 5
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: ugurbalbay

Convert your brought equiment using Plantequipmentconvert option in Plant3d space, and please let us here if you face the problem still.

Message 5 of 5
ugurbalbay
in reply to: rchiasson

Yes I know Invertor or a programme that has brought by Autodesk more better but we have to use TRICAD from our supplier so they should be in 3D.

The commands for display features are just for the view. You can hide the lines or etc but they are still there.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost