AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Plant 3D Catalog Builder (Beta) is available now

27 REPLIES 27
Message 1 of 28
EileenForan
4503 Views, 27 Replies

AutoCAD Plant 3D Catalog Builder (Beta) is available now

CAD managers and expert users, create piping-component content quickly using the AutoCAD Plant 3D Catalog Builder (Beta):   www.autodesk.com/plantcatalogbuilder

Please feel free to leave your comments here or contact the plant content team directly: plant.content@autodesk.com

Thanks,

Eileen

Eileen Foran
Community Program Manager
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
rajsekarpillai
in reply to: ybogdanov

Spoiler

Hi,

I checked with developer and he mentioned that you might be missed the environment path for the content builder.

1. Create a folder named “CustomScripts” under content folder C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 Content\CPak Common\ "

2. Create a custom python script, such as “TestScript.py” under the created folder.

Try this and let us know.

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 22 of 28

Hi, George. Just to make sure you got the response (which is posted above your question), I'm reposting it here.

If this resolves your issue, can you please mark it as the accepeted solution? Otherwise, let us know if you are still having the issue, and we'll work on it some more to get you a fix.

thanks,

Eileen

Employee

Hi,

I checked with developer and he mentioned that you might be missed the environment path for the content builder.

1. Create a folder named “CustomScripts” under content folder C:\AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 Content\CPak Common\ "

2. Create a custom python script, such as “TestScript.py” under the created folder.

Try this and let us know.

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Eileen Foran
Community Program Manager
Autodesk Plant Solutions
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 23 of 28

Hei,

I already have created the Custom Scripts folder and TestScript.py file.

In AutoCad Plant 3d I issued the command PLANTREGISTERCUSTOMSCRIPTS and got no error messages. The pyc file was created.

What I am unable to do is to run testacpscript as this command does not exist on my PC.

My other question is how do I access these scripts to actually create piping components in a Plant 3D model?

Regards

George K 

Message 24 of 28

Hi,

I need to be able to define my own parametric piping components.  I followed the steps outlined in the instructions available last year without being able to get it working. There is a gap in my understanding of how to implement this functionality. Can you please send me an updated version of these instructions for Plant 3D 2013?

Regards

GK.

Message 25 of 28

Hi,

The instructions are same for AutoCAD Plant3D 2013. please let us know if you need any specific example.

Thanks & Regards,

S. R. Rajasekaran
Product Manager
Plant Solutions - AEC
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 26 of 28
GeorgeKamieniecki
in reply to: RSFAdsk

I have been using Python scripts to create many new components without running into any showstoppers. Now I have hit on a problem with creating hex plugs and endcaps. The scripts compile OK and script testing gives the right results.

I am unable to introduce these components into a catalog. I suspect the problem has to do with group naming.

Attached is a zip file with the problem scripts.

Hopefully you can point me in the right direction

Message 27 of 28

Hi,

I'm looking PL3D catalog builder installation software (AutoCADPlant3DCatalogBuilder.exe) but i cannt find it. How and were can i get it?

Message 28 of 28

Hi

In AutoCad Plant 3D 2015 the Catalog Builder is accessed from the Tools menu in the Plant 3D Piping Spec Editor.

Be aware that the 2015 Catalog Builder does not add the fields Iso Symbol Type and Iso Symbol Key from Excel to the catalog.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost