AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Extension 1 Now Released

17 REPLIES 17
SOLVED
Message 1 of 18
PeterQuinn
3424 Views, 17 Replies

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Extension 1 Now Released

I am pleased to announce that AutoCAD Plant 3D 2015 Extension 1 is now available for download on Subscription center and via the application manager.

This extension includes a substantially improved Vault implementation as well as isometrics configuration improvements.  

Best place to find out the details is in the What’s New documentation - http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLNT3D/2015/ENU/?guid=GUID-E5400D64-AF66-4B54-B31B-08F5D1B7103C 

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Arun_Kumar_K
in reply to: PeterQuinn

Kudos for added the new improvements.

But disappointed to see that nothing added from all our wishlist.
Message 3 of 18
snijdam

After applied the extention I can not generate ISO's anymore. I get the message iso is being processed in the backgroud. It there for 1 hour now. Tried differens themes and projects and try to restart. Without any result.

Please help! Can't genrate ISO's anymore

Message 4 of 18
rkreiss375
in reply to: snijdam

I have the same problem, we can't generate Iso's anymore.  I spent all day working on it yesterday, I uninstalled the extension and still can't generate Iso.

I need help bad, any sugestions?

Message 5 of 18
Dan.Scales
in reply to: rkreiss375

Hi,

This issue with iso generation is caused by a problem with Service Pack 2 for AutoCAD 2015.

If you uninstall the service pack Plant will function correctly.

AcadSP2.png

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 6 of 18
rkreiss375
in reply to: Dan.Scales

Thanks Dan.  That did it.

Message 7 of 18
DarrenP

if thats the case

i think service pack 2 for Autocad 2015 needs to be taken down

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 8 of 18
dennis
in reply to: DarrenP

I muchly agree Darren.  I have discovered that SP2 breaks other things in Plant3D, at least in my install.  The P3D command to place Equipment such as a vessel and tank are also broke.  I had to uninstall the SP2 to get it to all work again.  At this point however, I really don't know if it is the combination of the Ext 1 and SP2 or just SP2 being the problem.  Smiley Mad

Message 9 of 18
Dan.Scales
in reply to: dennis

Hi,

Our developers are aware of the conflict between AutoCAD 2015 SP2 and Plant 2015 Extension 1.

The plan is for this to be fixed in the next SP for Plant 3D.

In the meantime, if you have Plant 2015 Extension 1 installed you should not install SP2 for AutoCAD 2015 or any other AutoCAD 2015 based vertical product

Thanks,

Dan

Dan Scales
Message 10 of 18
dennis

Yet another buggy side-effect of uninstalling the AutoCAD SP2 so that the Ext 1 works.  The Application Manager shows now not only that SP2 is available, but also the Extension and SP1 for Inventor.  I have checked within the applications and confirmed that the Ext 1 and Inventor's SP1 is still there.  I too thought, I will set those three to Ignore, but they show back up after a reboot.

Message 11 of 18
PeterQuinn

Tech support has a fix for this now. Contact support or review the Plant 3D reademe here: http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2015/ENU/readme.html 

There is an equalvent fix for P&ID here: http://docs.autodesk.com/PNID/2015/ENU/readme.html

(The update to the P&ID readme is not live when I'm posting this- if you don't see it yet, give it a couple of hours)

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 18
godiving

I installed the update today and I can not modify equipment

Message 13 of 18
dennis
in reply to: godiving

Hey Godiving, I had similar problems, but uninstalling the AutoCAD Service Pack 2 got the functions back.

Message 14 of 18
godiving

What is the best way to uninstall the service pack? 

Message 15 of 18
dennis
in reply to: godiving

Goto the Control Panel, select Uninstall a Program (under Programs), then on the left you should see a menu selection to View Install Updates.  Select and then right-click the update to uninstall.

Message 16 of 18
godiving

Thank You. That fixed it. 

Message 17 of 18
alexandrem

Hi,

Here is the correct link for the Plant 3D fix: http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2015/ENU/readme.html

The one in Peter's post was pointing to a "File not found" message.

Message 18 of 18
dennis
in reply to: alexandrem

I had to do a reinstall of all my apps.  Hard drive crashed, so format, reinstall, etc etc.  I installed all the SP2s out there and the ext 1.  Sure enough, things broke.  So I ran the bat file mentioned above, and WOOT, it fixed it.  So the fix of the fix fixed the fix.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost