AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011 - Essentials courseware - Available Today !!

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
vanzijtveldconsulting
4463 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011 - Essentials courseware - Available Today !!

Hi all,

As of today the essentials courseware for AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011 is available. The book contains 390 pages including 25 exercises that will take you through the Plant 3D software. The book is for now only available in metric dimensions, we are working on a imperial version as well. We will announce soon when the imperial version is ready.

For more information about the book sent an e-mail to info@cadteam.nl

Regards,

Barend-Jan (BJ) van Zijtveld

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hello,

will it be available through store.autodesk.com?

It cannot be found there yet.

Do you know, if there will be any coursewares für P&ID2011 too?

Thanks in advance for any information regarding this matter.

Regards,

Markus Staehly

Message 3 of 9

Markus,

for more info how to obtain:

AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011 - Essentials

AutoCAD P&ID 2011 - Essentials

AutoCAD P&ID 2011 - Advanced

sent an e-mail to info@cadteam.nl

We will sent you all necessary info required. It will not be available through autodeskstore, as i understood this will not be around for a long time as Autodesk changed the handling of courseware.

Regards,

BJ

PS. The essentials are both done, the advanced is updated almost.

Message 4 of 9

Hi,

Im not sure if the essentials manual is advanced enough to warrant the purchase (circ 100Euro) - has anyone out there seen it & can advise if it is useful or advanced enough for users who have been using the program. I asked for the section on annotation to check myself but was told it wasn't available to me.

I think an advanced manual appears to be a must as many things are not evident or mentioned within the normal online help (many people rely on the discussion groups for assistance) - when would this be available.

Thanks

Gary

Message 5 of 9

Gary,

The essentials book explains extensively how to use the P3D functionality, but goed hardly into configuring the software. I planned to get the configuration of P3D, Isogen and creating your own components in the advanced manual which will be a seperate book. If you are already familiar with the use of P3D 2010 then this book could be a nice way to learn the new features of 2011. However, if this is worth € 100 to you i cannot decide.

I personally think that if you are really experienced, you have to be a little bit patiened and wait for the advanced book. Just to answer your next question, i hope to have the advanced book for P3D done asap, but i can't promise anything.

Regards,

BJ

Message 6 of 9

Is there an AutoCAD plant book that is available in Canada, that does not require shipping from the Netherlands?  I am not even too picky on it being a current 2011 version.

I just want some sort of reference that I can pick up locally with minmal hassle.

Message 7 of 9
PeterQuinn
in reply to: JRPalmer

Contact one of the plant resellers in Canada (BIMsoft or Imaginit Canada). They should be able to get it from the training web site.

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 8 of 9

I need a text on AutoCAD Plant 3D written by an author that is very fluent in English or edited by an editor who ensures that authors do not try out new uses of English. Also, I will appreciate it if the book teaches how to use the AutoCAD Plant 3D 2011 software the way Professor Sham Tickoo of Purdue University Calumet, U.S.A taught the use of AutoCAD 2009 software in his book AutoCAD 2009 for Engineers and Designers.

Sham did a swell job explaining all commands and prompts. Font styles were used to differentiate commands from prompts and these from explanatory texts. There was a very generous use of diagrams and screen images (pictures). And importantly, there was a plentiful supply of exercises. The perfect self-teach text!

I am convinced that Autodesk can come up with another text like that.

Autodesk, keep up the good work!

EZICHI

Message 9 of 9

Dear Barend.,

Since I watched a video tutorial at http://www.autodesk.com/plantvideos and looked at closedly than its problems came up to myself within a time consuming to see. Very slow I watched them and tired. Barend., would you like to offer your tutorial AutoCAD Plant 3D 2012 and AutoCAD P&ID 2012 to me ? How much must be paid in USD if you will have sold to me ? Thank you.

Aries Satriyo.

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost