AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-bubble or BOMs in Orthos

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
922 Views, 3 Replies

Auto-bubble or BOMs in Orthos

Does anybody know of any workaround to create ortho type drawings with some automation of a BOM and bubbles?  This is a common way of producing drawings in Cadworx.  I read up on Acad Mechanical that it sort-of has that function.  It seems that would be an easy function to have since all the data is there.

Also, does anybody just create ortho type drawings with viewports rather than using the ortho commands?  Again, a common Cadworx way of doing things.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
DJPiper
in reply to: Anonymous

i beleive P3D doesnt have this option yet (bubles and MTO on Ortho). But really i havent seen a Piping Drawing (deliverable) with this kind of set up. Structural detail drawing yes. I have done some of them before.

But its a good feature though, it will be a nice addition, just in case we need it.

I like P3D ortho workflow compare to CADWorx 2DRep (3d-2D conversion). the ability to update quickly your drawing is major one. But 2DREp on P3D is good addition also, it will be great tool to prepare some quick 2D information to pass around. ACAD FLATSHOT is useless. it cannot take a clipped view

Message 3 of 4
DJPiper

I think this option should be in Plant 3D.

for my current autocad project, client wants me to show BOM in my Detail piping Ortho drawings.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

How do I do this in CADWorx?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost