AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angle Valve Operator Orientation

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
cad.westie
1261 Views, 9 Replies

Angle Valve Operator Orientation

See attached images, the orientation of the actuator on angle valves comes out 90 degrees from where it should, how can I fix this ? The actuator orientations for inline valves show as they should.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Can you send me a copy of your model & the iso you have generated and your isoconfig.xml file. I will take a look and get back to you on this.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 3 of 10
blorich
in reply to: cad.westie

I am in amazement that you are able to get the angle valve to show up in the correct orrientation let a lone the actuator. I ended up making custom blocks and editing the IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap.xml.  I just learned today that TYPE=Valve-Angle will make the out of box iso angle valves look correct.  

Message 4 of 10

Thanks for your help with this.

Message 5 of 10

Can you please look at this problem with plant3d isometric actuator orientations.

Message 6 of 10

Thanks for letting us know. May I also know which release of Plant 3D you are using now. We will take a look at the dataset and will keep you posted.

Vinod Balasubramanian
AutoCAD Industry Support & Escalation Lead

Message 7 of 10
cad.westie
in reply to: cad.westie

Hi I am using 2015 version now.

Thanks

[Description: Description: logo]

Peter Harrison
Design Engineer
SPX Flow Technology New Zealand Ltd
Level 6, 128 Broadway
Newmarket
P.O Box 629
Auckland 1140
New Zealand
TEL +64 (0)9 523 7377
MOB +64 (0)21 572 175
FAX +64 (0)9 523 7378
peter.harrison@spx.com
www.spxft.com
The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by SPX Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you have received this electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email so that the sender's address records can be corrected.
Message 8 of 10

We are now using version 2015.

Message 9 of 10

Can you please look at this problem to see if there is a solution, let me know if you need more information and/or files to accomplish this.

Message 10 of 10

Hi,
I experience the same problem. I raised this issue with my Autodesk re-seller. After checking, they claim there is a bug in the software & have raised a call with Autodesk. So there is no fix (I'm told) other than to manually mirror or rotate the operator on the Iso .dwg before publishing!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost