AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Angle or relief valves do not draw correctly in isometrics

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Bob_Lipchik
8809 Views, 15 Replies

Angle or relief valves do not draw correctly in isometrics

I'm having problems getting angle relief valves to draw correctly in isometrics.  The default symbol comes through as VVFL so it draw it as a straight valve.  I changed this to ARFL and did not get good results.  I have not made any changes to the iso symbols dwg so I'm not sure why it's not drawing correctly.  See attached pics.

I've seen another post with this same problem and the user fixed it on his own, but his solution did not help for me.

Does anyone have some insight on this?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

Change iso-setting for angle-valves from

TYPE=VALVE,SKEY=AV??

int

TYPE=VALVE-ANGLE,SKEY=AV??

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 3 of 16

Thanks Peter!  That worked perfectly.  I had already tried the SKEY=AVFL but did not know I needed to change the TYPE=VALVE-ANGLE.

Thanks for the help!!!

Bob

Message 4 of 16

Hi, my name is josiano, I'm in trouble.

I'm trying to generate some isometric angle valve with different models.
Is there any way to do this without using the symbology skei = AV? ANGLE VALVE-TYPE =?
I added two new lines to the file: IsoSkeyAcadBlockMap, because these vlavulas but without success ... (attached) 

What is the solution?

Thank you!

Tags (1)
Message 5 of 16

While your sugested TYPE=VALVE-ANGLE,SKEY=RA?? restores the continuation and tag display, it does not generated a bubble as it is no longer an instrument. Any ideas??

Message 6 of 16
jabowabo
in reply to: howard.gardener

To get bubble tags for non-instrument items, you will have to edit the isoconfig.xml file.  You could either modify the instrument filter or create a whole new annotation scheme and filter for PSVs. I'd recommend the latter.

Message 7 of 16
howard.gardener
in reply to: jabowabo

I think you misunderstand. TYPE=INSTRUMENT-ANGLE,SKEY=RAFL worked out of the box prior to extension 2. Now it doesn't... what changed?
The readme file does not say anything about SKEY being removed or changed.

Best Regards,

Bus: 403.268.0299
Fax: 403.265.5163

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail message is intended only for the named recipient(s) above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and/or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please immediately notify the sender and delete this e-mail message.
Message 8 of 16

I agree that there's no bubble on the drawing but it does show up in the Bill of Material.  For me, that's ok.  So long as there some sort of identification on the drawing somewhere I'm happy.  In a pervect world I'd have an instrument tag bubble AND have it in the BOM but right now I just don't have time to customize P3D to make this work.  Maybe if I have some downtime but so long as it's identified somewhere, I'm ok with it.

I can tell you that I had other iso problems with Extension 2 installed so I took it off.  Right now with no Ext 2 installed I'm getting the PSV drawn as an angle valve using the fix above and it's appearing in the BOM, but no tag bubble.

I'm hoping 2015 fixes these little glitches, but not counting on it!

Message 9 of 16
patpat79
in reply to: Bob_Lipchik

I have Pressure Relief Valves extracting good on ISO, currently Using 2014 but my problem is, i can get a 45deg PRV to extract good orientation as the 90deg does. Any suggestion?

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 10 of 16
patpat79
in reply to: patpat79

Already found the solution after hours of RND. Wooaah!

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 11 of 16

Is there a way to get the Custom Parts Angle Relief Valves to default to the correct settings(TYPE=VALVE-ANGLE,SKEY=AV??) instead of having to remember to change it on every one that is created? There are many users at my company and getting everyone to remember to do this for every instance of this valve is unrealistic and shouldn't have to be done...

Message 12 of 16

Try using the Data Manager under Plant 3D Project Data to find all instances of that valve type/tag (I.e.) "PSV" or Relief in your project. Once you've filtered the valves for that you can change the ISo Symbol Definition for all the PSV's on your project.

Message 13 of 16
jabowabo
in reply to: TRdesigner82

You could add some PSVs to a spec (CustomParts or whatever) and set the Component Designation to custom. This will allow you to place the PSVs and keep some pre-defined properties while still allowing dimensional modifications.

Message 14 of 16
TRdesigner82
in reply to: jabowabo

There's no way to fix the "Out of the Box" Custom parts though?
Message 15 of 16

you can,

Your project holds a custom part spec (one metric and one for the weird units) which are based on corresponding catalogs.

You can modify these like plain specs and catalogs. In the custom part insertion from the ribbon you will however not be able to  choose between fe different valves.

But you can select the custom part spec in the drawing and select individual items from the toolpalette or from spec viewer.

---------------------
Peter Jansoone
Plant Design software consultant at Arkance Systems Belgium
Message 16 of 16

Ok, that's what I was seeing. I could open the CustomParts Imperial Catalog but couldn't find the specific angle valve inside of it.

Snap 2015-06-04 at 13.53.10.png

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost