AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Dimension in ISO

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
altar
635 Views, 3 Replies

Alternate Dimension in ISO

Hi Everbody

Is it possible to set the dimensions in ISO drawings to get dual dimesions such as mm and inch together. Like in dimstyle set to Alternate dimesions on in Autocad.

Best Regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Yes this can be done. If you go to your Isogen folder in P3D you will find an *.opl file in every Isogen type folder. This opl file allows you to set switches on and off (or other functions). Switch 9 is used to control the dimension form and position 7 in this switch is used to use metric and imperial dimensions.

Best way to go,

- Open the desired opl file

- look for switch 9

- if there is only one value (for instance 0) remember it as this i position nr. 1.

- If there are more, write them down

- the build-up of the switch positions is as follows 987654321 were each switch could have a value like 0, 1, etc.

- in your case position 7 should be one

For example, switch 9 could look like 1000000 (all is zero, except position 7) 1 activates double dimensioning

Good luck,

BJ

Message 3 of 4
altar
in reply to: altar

Thank you very much

Best Regards

ALTAR

Message 4 of 4
altar
in reply to: altar

Hi

I have installed isogen utils instead of modifying OPL file directly and try to find following  issues 

1- pipe lengths in Metric and Inches together in Material List

2- co-ordinates and elevations in Metric and Inches together

It seems there is no option switches for them am I correct

Best Regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost