AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding valve operator problem

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MOLGRAND
4505 Views, 5 Replies

Adding valve operator problem

Hi,

I have made a wafer valve & insert into a spec & then into a 3d model - all is fine. However I can not seem to get the operator (handwheel in this case) added & stay added to the catalogue item. If you try & edit the item in the spec (ie at the operator) & save it to the catalogue the program goes into constant lock-out requiring a shut out. Help would be appreciated - is it me or another bug?

Regards

Gary

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
sreid13
in reply to: MOLGRAND

I've also been having problems with adding operators. They seem to not stay assigned.

I am also having a problem when trying to insert them into the model, the valve just doesn't come in at all sometimes.

It seems the whole experience with trying to get this to work just seems a bit buggy.

Even when duplicating an existing set of valves it still has problems with transfering over the operators.

I think there should be a manual input for operators, I think that would be an easier way. eg select type of operator then the height and width/diameter.

Regards,

Scott

Message 3 of 6
RSFAdsk
in reply to: MOLGRAND

Hello Gary,

I have been unable to recreate the lock-out.  But I do experience that a custom metric actuator cannot be assigned to a valve body.  I have logged this problem, and again thanks for your post and pdf.  As mentioned in other thread, we are working to resolve metric bugs with custom created content.

I'm not suggesting this is a direct workround, but you can use Duplicate Component instead of Create Component for metric actuators.  I experimented with Duplicate Component from DIN Valves catalog, changed descriptions and added sizes.  The requirement is that you first need to find a compatible parametric model to duplicate (This is essentially the AP3D 2010 method, except it's much easier add sizes and set dimentions).

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 6
DJPiper
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Metric Custom Actuator works for me. Tried on a standard 300lb ball valve body.

lever for small size adn Gear Operated for large size.

Two things..

1. Actuator must be scale down by 25.4 in metric project before making it a block. (needs some improvement here)

2. Custom Actuator doesnt pick up the active color scheme.

hopefully it will be fixed by next release.

i'll try it next with a custom valve body

Message 5 of 6
DJPiper
in reply to: DJPiper

i have tried molgrands pdf for my input in creating custom knife gate valve. as for the actuator, i had managed to place it without a problem. the only thing is, when you change the operator to none, you need to input values on height in order for the operator to disappear. and you cannot re-enter or re-used the last value thats has been input.

AP3D 2011

Windows 7

Message 6 of 6
followsea
in reply to: RSFAdsk

Faint! ! !

AP3D 2012 still have the problem. Custom metric actucator cannot be found in the assignment table. In the new release Autodesk didn't do anythiny about it!  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost