AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding tube fitting components to spec

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tmccar
1369 Views, 2 Replies

Adding tube fitting components to spec

I am setting up a pipe spec which uses Swagelok tube fittings with the "two-ferrule, mechanical grip design". There is a front and back ferrule which are enclosed in a nut. A seal is formed when the nut tightens on the 2-ferrule assembly.

I was wondering how to represent it in a pipe spec. Should I keep all the components seperate, what "end conditions" should I use for the ferrules and would this sort of connection come under a "flanged" or "collared"  auto-joint in Plant?

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rchiasson
in reply to: tmccar

The connections are still basically threaded connections. We used these in AutoPLANT and I just built them using threaded fittings. I don't see a need to build them as a special connection since they are still male and female connections. You will just need to build the components per the cut sheets. There might have to be a work around for some of the components, but the general tube, fittings and valves should function just fine.

Message 3 of 3
tmccar
in reply to: rchiasson

OK, thanks. What "end condition" did you use? THDM?  And how many ports (1 or 2)?

Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost