Happy New Year!
We have created a new empty spec for ductile iron called DI. We are populating this DI spec with all components from the AME Ductile Iron Pipes Catalog and all components from the AWWA Pipes and Fittings Catalog. The components from the AME Ductile Iron Pipes Catalog all add to the DI spec without problems. However, when adding all of the components from the AWWA Pipes and Fittings Catalog, some of the components won't add and we get one of two error messages:
1. Object refernce not set to an instance of an object.
2. Column 'PnPID' is constrained to be unique. Value '43XX' is already present. (Where XX are various numbers, depending on the component being added to the spec)
What do we do?
1. Plant 3D 2012 (Migrated from 2011).
2. The catalogs in question are migrated from 2012.
However. I believe only one of the catalogs came with Plant 3D 2011 out of the box. I believe that is the AME Ductile Iron Pipes Catalog (can someone verify this for me?). I believe that a famous (or maybe notorious) person who contracts with AD, gave us in house training, and is a Krusty Crew Member here at davetyner gave us the AWWA Pipes and Fittings Catalog. I'm not 100% sure, but I think that's how we got that catalog. If that one came with 2011 out of the box, then can someone verify that for us as well?
You asked which parts were giving this error message? Atleast 50, all in the AWWA Pipes and Fittings Catalog. I can't list them all.
1. Does both the AWWA Pipes and Fittings Catalog and the Ductile Iron Pipes Catalog come with Plant 3D 2011 and/or 2012 out of the box?
2. Not sure, but I think we gow the AWWA Pipes and Fittings Catalog from some where else. Do you have this catalog?
The content packs are always available out on the Plant Exchange website:
I believe the AWWA content pack shipped with Plant 3D 2011 release.
Access a broad range of knowledge to help get the most out of your products and services.
Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.
The AutoCAD Plant 3D forum has moved into it's very own category page, and can no longer be found within the Additional Product Forums.