AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding rubber lined valves

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
PHammink8001
668 Views, 2 Replies

adding rubber lined valves

Hi all,

I have made a new item in the catalog, a butterfly valve, and added it to the spec. This butterfly valve has a rubber lining so I won't be needing any gaskets. When I place the valve it comes up with the fasteners and the gasket. Does anyone know how i can place it with the fasteners but without the gasket?

Regards,
Peter Hammink
Primat Project Service BV
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
sivapd
in reply to: PHammink8001

Hi Peter, I don't have the exact details, but I can point to you the area where it is controlled. As in the attached screenshot, the Connections, Joint Settings, Flanged determine the fasteners used for a flanged joint. The default is gaskets and bolts. You would need to define a new joint type for the rubber lined flanges where the fasteners are only bolts. Now we need to differentiate between flanged and rubber lined flanged, this would require creating a new end type (say RFL) which I think not possible in UI and you might have to edit the DefaultConnectorsConfig.xml in the project file. Inside the catalog editor, the valve face might also need to be defined as RFL. I am just explaining the theory that I know, haven't tried such a thing before and not sure if all these can work well. Good luck with your testing.

Thanks, Siva (Autodesk)

Siva Thankappan
Technical Sales, Plant Solutions, Asia Pacific
Autodesk Singapore
Message 3 of 3
PHammink8001
in reply to: PHammink8001

Thanks Siva,

Your correct, I already tried id on a DIN flange (flat face) and it works.

Regards,

Peter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost