AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding custom properties in Piping Component Properties

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
mcray100500
1371 Views, 12 Replies

Adding custom properties in Piping Component Properties

Hello!

Let me know please, is there any way to add custom properties in "Piping Component Properties" section in catalog? If it is, let me know, how to do it? I'm sorry, If this question has already been asked, but I haven't found a solve.

Any early answer would be appreciated!

Artyom Khrapov
Refrigeration Systems and Technologies
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
RSFAdsk
in reply to: mcray100500

Hello,

You can add custom properties to the spec, but not to the PCAT catalog using the Spec Editor.

pe_cb.png

Its an advanced tool, but you can add custom properties to the catalog if you use Catalog Builder.

I added XXX shown below.

custom_catalog_property.png

Richard Frank
Autodesk Knowledge Network
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 13
jabowabo

Your pic shows the size properties which you cannot add to.  You can however add general properties with the catalog editor:

1a.png

2a.png

Message 4 of 13
RSFAdsk
in reply to: RSFAdsk

I am not correct.  in fact you can add properties to the catalog from th Catalogs menu.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/PLNT3D/2015/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-B30FE0C2-5BAA-4942-8CC6-A1ED979A1...

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 5 of 13
patpat79

You can add custom properties in both, if you want it per size, only in the spec you can do that, but if per component, eg. tee, elbows, disregarding size, yes you can only do it in the catalog . But if general properties for report, go in the project setup

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 6 of 13
mcray100500

Thank you for your help!

But I want to add properties for size section of component, so that the new property will be diffirent for each size of component. In general, I want to add "article" property for valves. Adding this property in PSPC spec is not satisfy me, because when I update the PSPC spec in Spec Editor, the values of properties (that doesn't exist in catalog) disappear.

P.S. I'm sorry if my english isn't clear enough.

Artyom Khrapov
Message 7 of 13
mcray100500
in reply to: patpat79

Thank you for your answer.

So... Do I understand correctly, that there isn't way to add custom property to piping component properties per size in catalog?

Artyom Khrapov
Message 8 of 13
patpat79

yes there isn't a way, as far as I know, but if in case you need that property badly, look at the catalog in the per size side of it, if you will not be using the size Part of it, then you can use that as a solution for now, Or, if in your iso and report you use part family long description, use the part familysize property and use it for your "article" instead. Or else, put a new property in the project, export your report in excel and manually input those "article " which is tedious. Thanks

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 9 of 13
patpat79

I mean " if you are not using the weight part of it".

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 10 of 13
mcray100500

I got your point!

Thank you very much for decision options!

So, I think, I'll be use "length" property as my custom property "article".

Artyom Khrapov
Message 11 of 13
patpat79

You are very welcome.. hope autodesk derives a much better solution for us.

Best Regards,
Pat Andres
Autodesk Expert Elite
Plant 3D Administrator
GHD Manila

Message 12 of 13
RSFAdsk

To review, it seems like what would help could be as simple as a [x] Property can be specified for each size in the Modify Catalog Properties dialog box.  At which point it would display in Piping Component Properties of the Sizes tab (at least in the Advanced editing table), instead of the General Properties tab.

If you are willing to use the Catalog Builder, I've attached a PDF that illustrates how to add properties.

(not seeing the attachment show up so here is a link: https://www.hightail.com/download/ZUcyaklqMGNqV0M5TE1UQw)

Richard Frank
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 13 of 13
mcray100500

Richard, thank you! I'll try it!

Artyom Khrapov

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost