AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add more size to the pipe spec part list

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Attila.Vallyon
1324 Views, 4 Replies

Add more size to the pipe spec part list

Hello!

How can I add more sizes to the part list of a pipe spec in the spec editor. If I have a part group in the catalog and later I add more sizes to that group the only way not making duplicate groups to remove the previous group from the spec. And then I add the extended part group to the spec afterward. But this cause one problem: the part built already in the model will not update since I deleted that from the spec.

Is there a way to extend the part list without removing that form the spec?

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ybogdanov
in reply to: Attila.Vallyon

1. Open your spec in spec editor

2. Doble click to the pipe where you want to add more sizes

3. It will be opened the new window with the table of sizes, demark the function "Hide parts marked Remove From Spec"

4. Now is posible to desmark new sizes in the column "Remove From Spec"

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 3 of 5
Attila.Vallyon
in reply to: ybogdanov

Thanks for the reply. My problem is the new size was not part of the database. I created new size in the catalog with the add size button.

Regards,
Attila Vallyon
Message 4 of 5
ybogdanov

I know. It's not problem. When you go to create new size, and save the catalog. This new size it will be appear in the hide spec column. And you can activated it to use in the spec.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Yury Bogdanov
ASIDEK(Grupo CT) - Partner Directo de Autodesk
Barcelona (Spain)
Message 5 of 5
JohnHolder

if the new size is not in the cataloge, if it is not showing up, you may have to model it or use parametric modeling to creat it?

I can't help with parametric since i have never been able to get that to work properly, but I have made 3 specs from scratch with my own models.

An education isn't how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It's being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don't.
-------------------------------------
"Do or do not... there is no try"
Master Yoda.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost