AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add Custom Iso Message

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
richard.imrie
1063 Views, 11 Replies

Add Custom Iso Message

Hi there,

I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to add a custom message tag to the drop down list in the image below? I know how to create the block etc, but i am interested in knowing how to add custom messages to this list, i.e. i would like to see 'Termination Point' in this list which would refer to a custom block. The messages are very generic, maybe thats deliberate, however i feel it would be good if users could customise this list.

Cheers

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
dave.wolfe
in reply to: richard.imrie

This isn't what you asked, but it give you want you want.

http://www.pdoteam.com/2013/08/notes-on-supports-in-plant-3d-isometrics/

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 12
richard.imrie
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Cheers Dave,

I have seen that paper before and implimented it for supports, supports were quite easy though, as a filter could be easily created and applied solely to supports. Whereas with a termination point we have a number of items which could apply, and we don't want the message to appear everytime that item is found. Adding to the drop down list is the most user friendly way we can think of / see.

Guessing no-one has any ideas on how to add to that list?

Message 4 of 12
jabowabo

I don't know if it's possible to add to the default list but it is possible to create and edit Iso messages with the API. You can insert any message you like and even change the 3d block to whatever you want.

Message 5 of 12
richard.imrie
in reply to: jabowabo

Thanks for the response, however, i am specifically looking to edit, preferrably add to the standard list. I have created several custom blocks so i am fairly well versed in creating custom blocks this way.

Essentially all i want is a symbol (node) to come in at my desired location as per the standard iso messages do. I don't want to have to apply symbols and messages as per a filter. This is too specific. The easiness of the user being able to add a message at his/her chosen location is what we are looking for.

Message 6 of 12
dave.wolfe

Those values are hard coded. I don't think that is going to be an option. 

Maybe you could accomplish nearly the same thing with custom supports, messages and symbols. Maybe a wonky idea, but it could work. You can define the symbol to be inserted, and you would have control over the placement, and symbol output on the iso.

2014-01-30_12-32-43.png

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 7 of 12
richard.imrie
in reply to: dave.wolfe

That is an interesting idea Dave, thanks.

I will have a play aroud with that theory tomorrow and post back here to let you all know.

Cheers

Message 8 of 12
jabowabo

richard.imrie wrote: 

Essentially all i want is a symbol (node) to come in at my desired location as per the standard iso messages do. I don't want to have to apply symbols and messages as per a filter. This is too specific. The easiness of the user being able to add a message at his/her chosen location is what we are looking for.

This is an example of what you can do with the API.

Message 9 of 12

Can you post some instruction or examples with how this can be manipulated?

Thanks
Message 10 of 12

Apologies, I see this is a link to a video. Thanks I will check it out.
Message 11 of 12

This API, looks good, is this an additional feature? Labs?

Available in 2014?

Never seen this before, can someone help with how this works.

Cheers

Message 12 of 12
PeterQuinn

Here's a good blog post introducing the Plant 3D API.

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autocad/2012/10/getting-started-with-autocad-pidplant-3d-2013-api.html

Peter Quinn
Senior Product Manager
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost