AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquisition Properties

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
jabowabo
954 Views, 4 Replies

Acquisition Properties

I'm having difficulty setting up an acquisition property that actually works. I must be missing something. If I set a new tee property to acquire the "size" from "Pipe Run Component", shouldn't that plug the tee size into the new property? Thanks for any enlightenment!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dave.wolfe
in reply to: jabowabo

Not on that property. A pipe run component isn't an item you can insert, it's a parent class. If the program worked that way, every component would have the same size (all are under the pipe run component class).  Why are you trying to acquire a size in the 3D model? 

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 3 of 5
jabowabo

I was trying to plug the "Size" property of an item (tee, reducer, etc.) into a custom added property of the same item via "Acquisition".  Is this not possible?  I've tried several variations with no luck.  I can copy the value from one prop to another with a .NET function but wanted to use an acquistion to make it automatic.

Message 4 of 5
dave.wolfe

No, AFAIK you can't acquire properties from the same items.  You can create calculated properties however:

http://www.pdoteam.com/2013/07/complex-line-numbers-in-isometrics/

Unfortunately, the Size property is defined using a Callback which means that the value is generated via code and not stored in the database. You will have to use the api to get the property at run time.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list
Message 5 of 5
jabowabo
in reply to: dave.wolfe

Thanks for the help David!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost