AutoCAD Plant 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Plant 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Plant 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About insertpoint of valve

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wujack
344 Views, 3 Replies

About insertpoint of valve

I'm fairly new to plant 3D, I want to insert a valve base on the midpoint of valve instead of left or right point,but it does not work when I follow the online help to type i twice, anyone can help?

the following link is the help of placing valves:

http://docs.autodesk.com/PLNT3D/2011/ENU/filesPUG/WS1a9193826455f5ff5cf1d02511b1d000978-642f.htm

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Rich.O.3d
in reply to: wujack

if you place the valve approximately where you want it using the end ports (use ctrl key to toggle between ends). Then once the part it placed, if you click on it, then click on the node at the centre point of the valve, you will get the option to type in the dimension (make sure dynamic input is on, then you can 'tab' throught the input boxes till you can add the dim you want).

You can also change the object that you are dimensioning 'from' by using the baseComponent option.

CAD Management 101:
You can do it your own way,
If its done just how I say!
[Metallica:And Justice For All:1988]
Message 3 of 4
Grampster
in reply to: Rich.O.3d

Like wujack, I spent two days trying to figure out how to locate the center of a valve from an elbow based on the on-line Users Guide instructions with all the SHIFTs and "enter i (InsertionPoint) twice" and was totally irritated with the worthless instructions. I tried your method and it immediately worked every time. Thanks.

Some of the people who write these instructions at Autodesk must be smoking the wrong stuff.

Sunetic Services
Owner/Consultant
Message 4 of 4
dave.wolfe
in reply to: Grampster

If you have the nearest osnap on, you can hover over a line and type in b for Basepoint to switch between left, right, and center.

Dave Wolfe
Isaiah 57:15

Tips and Tricks on our blog: ASTI blog
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Plant 3D Wish list

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost